How to add DCS to per application on Steam VR

DD_Crash

When I go to the per application tab, all I get are the various steam apps. I dont have DCS or the other combat flight sim run from steam. In fact the only program I had was Cliffs of Dover and I dont do that any more. Do I have to add DCS to my steam library and run steam as well to get them to show?

Thanks in advance

Reverb G2 8086K@ 5GHz 3090 32 Gig fast ram

Adding Standalone DCS into Steam VR

If you are using the standalone version of DCS, you will want to add DCS to Steam, and let it know its VR capable (this shouldn't impact your ability to run DCS in Steam VR, but it might make things easier.

- Start steam, in left bottom click on:

Add Game.png

in the bottom left of your screen. and Click on Add a non-Steam Game.  

- Then select browse , and browse to DCS.exe on your system:

Select DCSpng.png

(if you use open beta and stable you will need to add both separately).  Click Add Selected Program 

-

You will see DCS in the library list.

- Right click on dcs.exe in the library list (Make Sure you have Games selected), select properties, in new screen make sure to select 'include in VR library' in bottom of screen.

You can now start SteamVR without dcs running and change the resolution for dcs in the 'per application video setting'.

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

you need to configure DCS

Options -> VR -> Enable Virtual Reality Headset checked also check Use mouse and uncheck use hand controllers (if you value your sanity).

and you need to configure windows you must have:

• Windows Mixed Relality
  • Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR (from the Steam store)
  • Steam VR (from the steam store)

once all that is in place it loading DCS should automatically take you into VR 

I would also recommend  The DCS Updater GUI Utility - DCS Mods - ED Forums (eagle.ru) which will more easily help you switch between VR and 2d which you will want to do especially if new to VR.

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg