Spherical Projection and DCS

krassyg

Three 50" and one 85" displays would give me this for a few million less than what the navy probably paid for these:

980310-N-7355H-003_Simulator_Training.jp

I would have thin black borders which I can live with. The problem is interfacing with DCS; I would need some kind of a spherical video wall processor. Zooming out in DCS would hopefully allow me to fill the screens without too much distortion. Will also need to resize and move the top video since the top display will be bigger than the side ones. Any other flight sim nuts out there that have looked into this?

Edited by krassyg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, krassyg said:

Three 50" and one 85" displays would give me this for a few million less than what the navy probably paid for these:

980310-N-7355H-003_Simulator_Training.jp

I would have thin black borders which I can live with. The problem is interfacing with DCS; I would need some kind of a spherical video wall processor. Zooming out in DCS would hopefully allow me to fill the screens without too much distortion. Will also need to resize and move the top video since the top display will be bigger than the side ones. Any other flight sim nuts out there that have looked into this?

You can buy very expensive software. Look up the Warthog Project on YouTube.

There are some older threads on here where a couple of guys did cube builds and others, I think it was @BHawthornewho knows a lot about projectors who gave a lot of information, if it wasnt his build and also I think they were using simpit.co.nz.

The A-10 Cube projector project??

Perhaps a thread search, but there is definitely something on here similar to what your picture shows.

Edited by Mr_Burns