Warthog profiles for Huey and Gazelle choppers, Non-TARGET

jackd

Here are mine for Huey, work fine and i have no real issues with it. It does require a bit of getting used to. That said.. if you keep losing rotor blades, i would definitely focus on something else than controller profiles to find the issue. 😅

JR UH1H Stick.diff.lua JR UH1H Throttle.diff.lua

• Thanks 1

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

Your controller profiles go to "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\InputUserProfiles". Take note that if you aren´t using the beta, i think the folder is just plain "DCS". 

This might be helpfull:

Edited by Tenebrae Aeternae
  • Thanks 1

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

i have my savings here: F:\- GAMES\DCS settings and profiles. This as i want to keep my C:\ boot as empty as possible ...

there's no saved games there, nor in Documents or My Games ..

Edited by jackd

Follow the path i posted, this on your boot drive and you shall find the saves folder.

• Thanks 1

sorry:

no savedgames.jpg

ADDED: your profile works quite better than mine, only needs some rudder trimming it seems for my throttle, as i have to push the slew axis set for rudder almost full left all the time.

(i don't have pedals BTW.

Edited by jackd

1 hour ago, jackd said:

your profile works quite better than mine, only needs some rudder trimming it seems for my throttle, as i have to push the slew axis set for rudder almost full left all the time.

(i don't have pedals BTW.

Holy crap Batman! I think we might have a case of "What anti-torgue?" here. You really can´t fly choppers without pedals or at least some way to very accurately control the Anti-torque, forget whatever you know about rudder in planes immediately! I wouldn´t even dream of using the slew axis of Warthog Hotas.. not gonna work out. The moments when your pedals are exactly center in a chopper are few and far between. Usually only when cruising with enough speed and even then it´s rarely the most efficient manner of flight. 😄  

Well, i have a slew button mod from Deltasim Electronics that works quite well. At least wit all other planes, and sims. But i am new to choppers, and in deed a noob batman. However bats are far better flyers than most people realize ... In DCS  i am just a drunken bat for now ..

Edited by jackd
  • Like 2

Yeah it's actually quite common thing that people jump from planes to choppers and don't realise how humongously different they are. You'll get there! Choppers are really fun and you get a whole new perspective to the maps that way. I've found that in many sims choppers are an afterthought more or less. Even in X-Plane 11 (which i adore) only chopper that really impressed me with flight model has been 3rd party SA 315B Lama. DCS is different. If you've read a book called chickenhawk, you'll see that the learning curve of Huey is quite close to real thing. If you haven't, highly recommended. 🙂

"So it's true what they say, kid. You're a natural"

"But i was all over the field!"

"Don't worry, we just move to smaller and smaller fields"

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jackd said:

Well, i have a slew button mod from Deltasim Electronics that works quite well.

I used a rotary axis on my throttle before I had rudder pedals .. this worked also quite well.

Not sure if it is comparable to your slew button mod but you might try it out as well to see how it works for you.

Nothing comes close though to using pedals

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/30/2021 at 1:13 PM, Tenebrae Aeternae said:

Yeah it's actually quite common thing that people jump from planes to choppers and don't realise how humongously different they are. You'll get there! Choppers are really fun and you get a whole new perspective to the maps that way. I've found that in many sims choppers are an afterthought more or less. Even in X-Plane 11 (which i adore) only chopper that really impressed me with flight model has been 3rd party SA 315B Lama. DCS is different. If you've read a book called chickenhawk, you'll see that the learning curve of Huey is quite close to real thing. If you haven't, highly recommended. 🙂

"So it's true what they say, kid. You're a natural"

"But i was all over the field!"

"Don't worry, we just move to smaller and smaller fields"

I read Chickenhawk back in the 80's and ended up becoming a grunt.  He did a very detailed write up of the training at Ft. Rutger and how to auto-rotate.  Loved that book. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

DCS UH1 home 3D printed collective, cyclic and center console.

Chickenhawk by Robert Mason will light the Huey Pilot turbine in you.

Experimenting with your axis curves and good ol flying time will improve your landings. 

VRS Vortex Ring State is easier to avoid when you've got it all dialed in. 

The Huey imho is a relaxing ship to fly once you get hours undet your belt. Unfortunately a 1960's aircraft doesn't fare too well against SAM's & manpads as like the latter years of Nam.

20211015_205012.jpg

A labour of Huey love. Took a while from design to completion...3 months but worth it.

20211013_225911.jpg

Not without a fee😁.

As it goes I'm yet to collate all the files together. There's a lot of prototypes in the folders.  All counted there's 15 different parts.

Its still a work in progress  I guess. If I were to publish, I think it'd need polishing to make a whole better item.

Watch this space 😎👍

• 1 year later...

Chucks DCS Huey Guide - WartHog Setup.jpg

On 10/30/2021 at 6:22 AM, epoch said:

I just use the suggested settings that Chuck puts in his guides.  Never failed me.

HI,

I'm using Chucks guide to setup my HOTAS but there are three labels missing from the Warthog throttle on page 7. Can anyone fill these inn?

From the essential controls list to be mapped, there appears to be three commands left over. Process of elimination reveals:

Flexible Sight On/Off
Night Vision Goggles
Engine Starter

Anyone able to confirm?
Thanks in advance

Edited by BuggSmasher

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.  I seem to recall that nothing is missing - they're not used.  I can't remember what I mapped their instead but it'll have been in addition to Chuck's guidance.