Light gun commands from tower to aid in night flying.

Barrett_g

I think at the 3:00 mark in this video, Reflected Simulations talks about using recognition lights for night flying.

When he’s ready for takeoff he switches the recognition lights to the color of the day (green in this instance) and then flashes his light in Morse Code to signify his tail’s letter.

Once he does this he explains that in reality, the tower would flash a green light back at him for confirmation, but since this isn’t coded in the core of the game, he had to create a workaround by triggering a green flare to shoot off.

Id like this form of communication coded into the core game.  It’s fascinating and would really come in handy for for all WWII modules used at night… especially once we get some good night fighter modules in the future!

Also, Reflected Simulations speaks on being shot at by friendly AAA units until they recognize you.  This would also be a really awesome feature added to ground AI units.  AAA units should alarm and possibly fire on you until they recognize your silhouette in the day, or you flash the correct light at night as I’m sure this happened in real life ( also why P-47’s had two roundels on the bottom of their wings).

link to the video: 

• Like 1

I hope that one day we will get a ww2 specific overhaul of the comms system including things like this. 

Reflected has been doing a great job filling in the blanks in the meantime. 

• Like 3

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit