GPU not working full

X_legio

Yes I think it's normal, dcs uses just 1 core for nearly everything, so cpu is bottlenecking. Or also it could be fps cap for vr headset if you using one, I have cv1 and if my pc can't render 90 FPS it will lock on 45 and render "fake frames". More aws (Asynchronous SpaceWarp) https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/native/pc/asynchronous-spacewarp/

Send from my Poco F2

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

DCS, I think, uses two cores: one for sound and the other for everything else. 

• Like 1

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

Also make sure you have HAGS turned off in windows settings. It was the case for me when I upgraded to win 11 - hags became turned on and I was experiencing 70-80% GPU util instead of ~100%. After I turned it off - it went back to ~100% gpu util. Pretty sure it was the case for win10 as well.

what is your vSync set at.? are you on VR or a 2D monitor?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

17 hours ago, X_legio said:

I use a Reverb g2 only VR... 

OK try turning off motion vector or motion reprojection.. 

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

it shows your reprojection ratio is at 52.6% and your dropped frames are thru the roof.. if you say it is off maybe it is not really, or something is wrong with your PC.

What is the total rez you run in the G2 I see it is at 100% but what is the rez maybe it is too high.

well like you said it is off in open XR but I thought SteamVR Overides that setting?? anyhow have you tried turning down the resolution of your HMD?? 

I disabled MR off everywhere, also the Motion smoothing in steam was disabled. Anyway I upgraded to a Ryzen 5 5600 and the cpu timing is going down but still no 100% GPU use.

That's my rig

Ryzen 5 5600X 
MSI Tomahawk B450 
2x16 Gb G Skill F4 3200
RTX 3070 8Gb
VR Reverb G2
Pcie Samsung 970 evo dedicated to DCS
Xfx 650w XTR gold

Why turning down the resolution should improve the GPU usage ?

I rarely push 100% on gpu it changes all the time but mostly 80-90ish. Do you have dx11 enabled in wmr? 

180A7A50-6B32-4575-AC97-881EB0800ABA.jpeg

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

4 hours ago, X_legio said:

But still I can't get rid of Reprojection

Something is killing your CPU frame time. Do you have anything running in the background like RGB software? You need to find why that is so high. I get 8 ms in SP compared to your 18 ms.

Frametimes # DCS # HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset G20 # 24.06.2021 19_36_01.png

Edited by RED

49 minutes ago, RED said:

Something is killing your CPU frame time. Do you have anything running in the background like RGB software? You need to find why that is so high. I get 8 ms in SP compared to your 18 ms.

Frametimes # DCS # HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset G20 # 24.06.2021 19_36_01.png

I have 80 fps on my config when playing a F18 track and just after 45 fps in quick mission / A10CII / takeoff. So I do not see why this "something" will slow down my rig only with this mission and not for another one...Did you try the same mission ?

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I would open up task manager/cpu while running DCS and check what’s running besides the usually DCS-Steam ect. possible an auto update of some sort. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

4 hours ago, RED said:

@lefuneste01 Sorry, I haven't tried that mission. There indeed could be something going on however that is not part of this thread.

I just wanted to show you can not discuss in generally about DCS performance. For some mission or track replay, you may be able to use most of your PC resources and have good fps, while in another DCS mission context you won't be able to use half of your rig resources...So at first define a context that everyone can play (not a track, because you may miss some game logic eating CPU) and then compare with different user configurations to see if there is something odd. Otherwise  it is like comparing apples and oranges...

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

6 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

I just wanted to show you can not discuss in generally about DCS performance. For some mission or track replay, you may be able to use most of your PC resources and have good fps, while in another DCS mission context you won't be able to use half of your rig resources...So at first define a context that everyone can play (not a track, because you may miss some game logic eating CPU) and then compare with different user configurations to see if there is something odd. Otherwise  it is like comparing apples and oranges...

Copy, completely agree. That's not what I understood by your first comment. I just looked at a campaign mission with 3000 units and that's certainly different from 0 units. It's likely that op has this problem overall. Let's see.

• 2 months later...

Hi.

Testing a ReberbG1 right now. Normally Im still on Monitor/TrackIR.

Plz look at my fpsVR. I have (with my low settings) good frametimes of around 15ms and also CPU frametimes around 10ms. Doing other flights I dont see often CPU-frametimes close to 20, let alone above 20. So to my understanding (CPU-frametimes lower than 22ms), there should be no reason why my actual FPS (using motion vector always active; but its same same when turned off) that low or my GPU is not maxed. Often I have 45fps, but quite often it drops to 35 with no reason I can understand. I somtimes see GPU-usage in the 90s, but much more often than that its around 60 or 70......

When on Monitor/TrackIR (and the fps-cap of 60 is off) I have consistent 98 or 99% GPU usage.

Running a 5600x and a RX 6700XT at stock with 32GB Ram and all off SSDs in Win10.

One interesting thing. I have not FOV-mod running; it seems ED have implemented this already to help VR. But most probably you all already know.

DCS.jpg

Edited by Wali763