Mission 3 - Smoke dying or disappearing

scotth6

Hi, 

Loving the Raven One campaign so far.  I am having an issue with Mission 03 though, and will probably skip it now, due to the length of time in the mission before the issue keeps occurring.  I startup, take off, join up with Smoke and that's all fine.  First time I played it, Smoke approached the tanker as I was waiting on the left as instructed, looked down for one second to extend my probe, and when I looked up, Smoke was gone, and I saw his canopy falling away.  I assume something happened and he ejected, but there were no calls.  I was still off the left wing of the tanker.  I tried to continue, and did for a bit, was unable to tank off the right hose, but tried the left hose and I could connect with that.  After tanking I just quit as I felt I should have a wingman to continue.

Just played it again today.  Again, got to the tanker, flew off the left wing of the tanker, indicated for Smoke to go first, but even though he acknowledged, he did not go first.  I couldn't see him at all.  He was in formation with me with about 40 NM to go to the tanker, the last time I checked, but he was gone.  I waited about two minutes, but he didn't approach the tanker, and I could not find him.  I checked the extrenal view cameras, and it switched straight from me to a C-130, so he had apparently disappeared totally from the mission.  I checked the notes in the debriefing for a clue, but it only had startups and takeoffs listed, nothing about an ejection or dead pilot.  Not sure what happened.

Edited by scotth6

• 8 months later...
On 11/4/2021 at 6:39 AM, baltic_dragon said:

You can always use F10 menu at mission start to load the part beginning after the AAR, that should solve the problem. Let me know if it helps! 

Hey BD, For me smoke dissapeared after ive completed both AAR's and the CAS with bowser, He dissapeared around the part where saint is arguing about dropping the bomb in the field 

Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...