Jump to content

Roadmap for the Supercarrier?


Stearmandriver
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

Quote

 

DCS: Supercarrier Early Access period work continues. We are working on the following additional features, and we look forward to sharing more information soon.

  • Air Boss station
  • Briefing room
  • Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera & VR support
  • DCS: Combined Arms integration
  • "Burble" effect
  • Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages
  • Functional barricade net

 

🖥️ i3-10100F 3.6-4.3GHz, 32GB DDR4 2666, RTX3060 12GB, SSD SATA3   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, I've seen that.  But I mean, that's just a list of features being considered, right? It's far from a roadmap of the type we have for other modules, where features are categorized by rough timeline and order of prioritization.  I mean, it's been a year and a half since the carrier launched and there have been zero feature additions, and many launch-day bugs still exist.  I think it's fair enough to ask for some details on development plans, right? 

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 5:13 AM, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

I think they don´t even know themselves, they are just deciding as they go depending on the tech implemented in the core game, and the bugs and problems they encounter in development.

I strongly agree. The new camera transition they're working is an example of this. This feature was not on that list. I know they're working on things but it still sucks that nothing tangible has been provided since the release in May 2020. With that said, whatever they're working, I know it's going to be great.

  • Like 6

i9 9900k @5.1GHz h100i |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 11:13 AM, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

I think they don´t even know themselves, they are just deciding as they go depending on the tech implemented in the core game, and the bugs and problems they encounter in development.

Or, any roadmap could give away the identity of a future unannounced module…???

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

We have told you all many times, supercarrier work is ongoing, it is bringing new features to DCS and it will take time. 

Appreciate that some of you feel that time is to long but it is what it is, the work is complex and we have to continue to be patient. 

 

Thanks

On 11/11/2021 at 3:02 AM, Stearmandriver said:

Soo... no roadmap then?  😉

That being the case, can someone offer clarity as to why other early-access modules have these detailed roadmaps, but the SC has nothing other than vague concepts that might be coming at an indeterminate time? 

everything you need to know is on the product page 

Early access features of DCS: Supercarrier include:

  • Highly detailed polygon model with high-resolution textures that include realistic weathering and markings.
  • Animations that include arresting wires, jet blast deflectors (JBD), radar antennas, aircraft elevators, catapult bubble between catapults 1 and 2, steam from catapults, and risers (guard rails) around aircraft elevators when lowered.
  • Detailed lighting systems that includes the long-range line-up lights, IFLOLS, Animated "rabbit lights" along landing area centerline, deck lighting, floodlights, and ship number on the island.
  • Functional air defense weapon systems that include the Sea Sparrow, CIWS, and SeaRAM.
  • Deck parking allowing up to 14 aircraft to be spawned on deck.
  • Dynamic carrier radio communications for Case I, Case II, and Case III recoveries.
  • Static deck vehicles (AS32A-31A Flight Deck Tractor, AS32A-32A Hangar Deck Tractor, AS32A-36 Aircraft crash and salvage crane, P-25 Fire Fighting Vehicle) that can be placed by mission designers.
  • Animated deck crew for bow and waist catapults launches.
  • Static deck crew that can be placed by mission designers.

During the early access period, the following additional features will be added:

  • Air Boss station.
  • Briefing room.
  • Occupy the Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera, including VR support.
  • More LSO station interactions.
  • Combined Arms integration.
  • "Burble" effect.
  • Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages.
  • Functional barricade net.
  • Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

We have told you all many times, supercarrier work is ongoing, it is bringing new features to DCS and it will take time. 

Appreciate that some of you feel that time is to long but it is what it is, the work is complex and we have to continue to be patient. 

 

Thanks

everything you need to know is on the product page 

Early access features of DCS: Supercarrier include:

  • Highly detailed polygon model with high-resolution textures that include realistic weathering and markings.
  • Animations that include arresting wires, jet blast deflectors (JBD), radar antennas, aircraft elevators, catapult bubble between catapults 1 and 2, steam from catapults, and risers (guard rails) around aircraft elevators when lowered.
  • Detailed lighting systems that includes the long-range line-up lights, IFLOLS, Animated "rabbit lights" along landing area centerline, deck lighting, floodlights, and ship number on the island.
  • Functional air defense weapon systems that include the Sea Sparrow, CIWS, and SeaRAM.
  • Deck parking allowing up to 14 aircraft to be spawned on deck.
  • Dynamic carrier radio communications for Case I, Case II, and Case III recoveries.
  • Static deck vehicles (AS32A-31A Flight Deck Tractor, AS32A-32A Hangar Deck Tractor, AS32A-36 Aircraft crash and salvage crane, P-25 Fire Fighting Vehicle) that can be placed by mission designers.
  • Animated deck crew for bow and waist catapults launches.
  • Static deck crew that can be placed by mission designers.

During the early access period, the following additional features will be added:

  • Air Boss station.
  • Briefing room.
  • Occupy the Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera, including VR support.
  • More LSO station interactions.
  • Combined Arms integration.
  • "Burble" effect.
  • Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages.
  • Functional barricade net.

Please consider allowing non-Supercarrier owners the ability to purchase the highly detailed Kuznetsov. I do not use NATO aircraft but really want it for the Su-33. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

everything you need to know is on the product page

Well to be fair... except what I actually asked about: a detailed roadmap with a timeline and prioritization order, like other modules. 

We've all seen the list of planned features.  What we're asking about is a timeline.  It's early access, certainly, and pretty good in its release state, but so many launch day bugs still exist and nothing has been fixed or added.  Multiple Tomcats can't be used on it.  AI often get stuck at a catapult and gridlock the whole deck, ruining a mission with any complexity.  You can't see deck crew at night.  Etc. It's been quite a while since launch...

Any estimate on WHEN we'll see some bug fixes and eventually some new features? 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Well to be fair... except what I actually asked about: a detailed roadmap with a timeline and prioritization order, like other modules. 

We've all seen the list of planned features.  What we're asking about is a timeline.  It's early access, certainly, and pretty good in its release state, but so many launch day bugs still exist and nothing has been fixed or added.  Multiple Tomcats can't be used on it.  AI often get stuck at a catapult and gridlock the whole deck, ruining a mission with any complexity.  You can't see deck crew at night.  Etc. It's been quite a while since launch...

Any estimate on WHEN we'll see some bug fixes and eventually some new features? 

It's been a while since release, but I remember there not really being a specific timeline for much of anything regarding the SC, and they were VERY clear that everything about the SC was subject to change due to it's early access release.  They had a specific statement somehwere along the lines of "if timelines are important to you, then early access is NOT for you."  You can thank this impatient community for the multiple launch day bugs you mentioned--the community, at the start of quarantine, nearly did the internet equivalent of a full scale street riot when the module didn't release on that day in April 2020.  To be fair, ED the previous week did say it was slated for release, and then they pulled a 180 the next week.  I really feel like if the community were more patient, they would have released it a few weeks later in a much more polished state with fewer bugs. 

You know the old saying, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Gat0 Loc0 said:

It's been a while since release, but I remember there not really being a specific timeline for much of anything regarding the SC, and they were VERY clear that everything about the SC was subject to change due to it's early access release.  They had a specific statement somehwere along the lines of "if timelines are important to you, then early access is NOT for you."  You can thank this impatient community for the multiple launch day bugs you mentioned--the community, at the start of quarantine, nearly did the internet equivalent of a full scale street riot when the module didn't release on that day in April 2020.  To be fair, ED the previous week did say it was slated for release, and then they pulled a 180 the next week.  I really feel like if the community were more patient, they would have released it a few weeks later in a much more polished state with fewer bugs. 

You know the old saying, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Timelines are extremely important in EA, since the dev team can only work on the module for SOME time. The problem is that the module was released without critical features (MP ATC, night wands, just to name a few) - and the only information we got, well, to be honest- was on things none of us asked for.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Night wands are definately highly needed!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 960Pro NVMe 1TB | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2 base/grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

My in-game DCS settings (PD 1.0 SteamSS 80%):

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Gat0 Loc0 said:

It's been a while since release, but I remember there not really being a specific timeline for much of anything regarding the SC, and they were VERY clear that everything about the SC was subject to change due to it's early access release.  They had a specific statement somehwere along the lines of "if timelines are important to you, then early access is NOT for you."  You can thank this impatient community for the multiple launch day bugs you mentioned--the community, at the start of quarantine, nearly did the internet equivalent of a full scale street riot when the module didn't release on that day in April 2020.  To be fair, ED the previous week did say it was slated for release, and then they pulled a 180 the next week.  I really feel like if the community were more patient, they would have released it a few weeks later in a much more polished state with fewer bugs. 

You know the old saying, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Does this not seem a bit contradictory?  On the one hand, you're saying ED was especially clear about this being early access (so - a normal module) and timeline was not a priority for it.... but then you're saying that timeline was such a priority that they released it in a bugged state simply to make a timeline?

Bugs are expected. They happen. Over 1.5 years since release, it seems fair to expect some work on fixing them or at least an update of when we could expect that work to happen.  Getting multiple AI off the boat still only works occasionally. Multiple tomcat spawns don't work at all.  You can't see deck crew at night.  As mentioned above, ED is ignoring all of this... all we hear about (occasionally) is work on features no one asked for in the first place. 

I'm not bitter, or demanding anything tomorrow. I'm just asking WHEN these things might finally work correctly? 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Does this not seem a bit contradictory?  On the one hand, you're saying ED was especially clear about this being early access (so - a normal module) and timeline was not a priority for it.... but then you're saying that timeline was such a priority that they released it in a bugged state simply to make a timeline?

Bugs are expected. They happen. Over 1.5 years since release, it seems fair to expect some work on fixing them or at least an update of when we could expect that work to happen.  Getting multiple AI off the boat still only works occasionally. Multiple tomcat spawns don't work at all.  You can't see deck crew at night.  As mentioned above, ED is ignoring all of this... all we hear about (occasionally) is work on features no one asked for in the first place. 

I'm not bitter, or demanding anything tomorrow. I'm just asking WHEN these things might finally work correctly? 

Yeah, I would put these much higher on the list than airboss station etc to just watch around the deck which currently can not work properly.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I'm not bitter, or demanding anything tomorrow. I'm just asking WHEN these things might finally work correctly? 

I think a fair guess is that they don't know themselves...The last 2 years have been the hardest for business, for staff, for everyone in a long time. The hurdles that it's created and unknowns as to what the next 12 months hold could make it extremely difficult to be able to state 6 months or 3 years away.

We've also seen how the community turns ETA's around and can be less than patient if estimates aren't reached, so all these factors combined - it makes sense for ED to release no information at all until it's actually ready. 

Sucks for us who aren't bitter, are patient and only would love some sort of non-obligated guesses as to when - even them guessing probably just opens up more problems, so I think they're making the wise decision by being tight lipped. 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...