When flying the F-14 and fire sidewinders, two launch simultaneously. Why?

ouseler

I am flying the Zone 5 Campaign and noticed that when I fired a sidewinder, 2 would come off the rails.  Went back to the Air-to-Air training mission and the same thing happens.  I am hitting the SEAM-cage function to lock up the bandit before I shoot.  Could this have something to do with it?  Or is this a bug in the latest update?

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

Weird. I flew the F-14 last night, both in SP and MP (but not this campaign) and they worked just fine. I flew the campaign before the patch and they also worked as intended. Could it be a binding issue? The latest patch did mess up some bindings in many users, including me. 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

I checked my binds and had both the trigger detent and trigger mapped for the trigger.  That is probably the issue.  Thanks.  I am now trying to find the binds to switch radar contacts so I can put them on my stick instead of going thru Jester.  I it done on a video, but I can't find the binds in the pilot or RIO binds.  Any ideas?

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

4 hours ago, ouseler said:

I checked my binds and had both the trigger detent and trigger mapped for the trigger.  That is probably the issue.  Thanks.  I am now trying to find the binds to switch radar contacts so I can put them on my stick instead of going thru Jester.  I it done on a video, but I can't find the binds in the pilot or RIO binds.  Any ideas?

I don't think there are, unless someone has done some heavy moding. Most of the direct controls for radar behavior are just not available in the front seat. 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

The only direct controls over the radar that the pilot had was on a switch mounted on the left sidewall and a button on the front of the throttle

The switch controlled VSL Hi and Low and PAL and the button on the throttle sent the radar to PLM

Though in practice apparently the RIO would control the VSL modes too from the back from reading a bunch of anecdotes from Pilots and RIOs.

I don't hear of many pilots going VSL themselves.