Cowboy's FSF-1 SEAFIGHTER

This will be the discussion forum for my FSF-1 SEAFIGHTER mod

The Sea Fighter (FSF-1) is an experimental littoral combat ship in service with the United States Navy.

I chose to model this ship to learn how to develop 3d models and assets for use in DCS. I still consider it a "beta" build as I haven't finished detailing all the parts of the model. However, it should be fully functional and I have decided to release it to the DCS community in the current state in case somebody else wants a fun, small, fast littoral ship to use as a launch/recovery platform.

It appears that the actual Sea Fighter has had multiple refits and hull configurations since it was launched. I based this model on the 2010 configuration (not the original 2005 build). However, I was unable to find much detailed information. So, as always, this is my artistic representation based on photos of the actual ship / my modeling skills, and not necessarily 100% accurate.

Notes (and known deviations from reality): Although the 2010 config reduced the deck to only 1 helipad, I have coded the ability to spawn and recover 2 helos/harriers. Also, I have included a 6 degree visual glideslope indicator (PAPI style). This is probably not accurate, so if anyone has information on how the lightbar on the mast is actually used and whether it is CHAPI or other, I appreciate the feedback.

Download removed due to potential conflict with latest OB (2023-07)

FSF1_1.jpg

FSF1_4.jpg

FSF1_2.jpg

FSF1_3.jpg

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, prccowboy said:

lol, y'all have really good eyes! how can you even see that it's a mod? I mean, the difference is like 3 pixels in that screenshot

I think ppl is tired from that boring and lowpoly and bugged Seahawk from the game. You know, it becomes black when you go far, that textures looks horrible. I'd love have your mod as AI to replace that SH-60 from the game, just as AI. Landed over the Carrier. Could you release to me in private? Thanks. Btw, you made a amazing ship mod, hope fly the future Apache from your ship. 

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that the rear ramp and side hatches have (unused) animation states that can be changed visually to allow mission creators to simulate different events. At some point I want to tie these to an in-game controllable trigger but haven't figured out how to do that yet. However, for now they can be set using liveries.

There are 8 side hatches that will open or close. the fore and aft hatches are currently used (tied to night lighting launch and recovery triggers. I haven't figured out a better in-game trigger yet but at least these allow for something). The middle 4 hatches (2 each on port and starboard) are unused and can be user controlled by liveries. Also, the aft ramp with the RHIB is also unused but can be lowered or changed to a RoRo (roll on roll off) ramp.

The unused animation arguments for these are as follows:

[57] = aft ramp/hoist raise/lower 
[58] = aft ramp type (RHIB, No RHIB, RORO)
[72] = side hatch open/close
[73] = side hatch open/close
[75] = side hatch open/close
[76] = side hatch open/close

I am including some example liveries here. just unzip this file to the "CLP FSF-1 Sea Fighter\Liveries\CLP_SEAFIGHTER" folder where you installed the mod. Then choose one of these liveries in the mission editor (paint scheme).

This is what they will look like with RHIB deployed or with RORO ramp:

Unfortunately, using the livery method to change the state means that it will ALWAYS be in that state (RORO ramp remains down even when at sea), but I offer the information to allow some flexibility to mission creators

Screen_211103_002602.jpg

Screen_211102_235254.jpg

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2