Need Help On How To Use "Uncontrolled"

rwbishUP

I can't get AI units to activate when set to "takeoff from ramp/ uncontrolled". I've went over it in the manual and tried setting every AI activation trigger I can find, setting triggers in the groups triggers and using regular "rules for trigger" panel. They never activate. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or forgetting?

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

You need to add a Perform Command --> Start action as a Triggered Action for that group. 

Once you've done that, just call that action via an AI Set Task action in the main Triggers section of the mission.

Edited by Pizzicato
  • Thanks 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Yes ^^^

That Perform Command -> Start is a Triggered Action for the aircraft.

Then add an Event with Condition of your choice (time based, flag based, could be a Radio Add thing), and an Action of AI Task Push (or Set, I use Push).  You should see the "Start" as an available Action to select.

This is different from Group Activate.  I will name my event with "Start" or "Activate" in the description to designate which method is used:

Blue AGrp30 F-117A Start

Blue AGrp30 F-117A Activate

With the Uncontrolled the aircraft is visible on the tarmac.  With Activate the aircraft appears on the tarmac when it gets activated.

• Thanks 1

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Thank you @Pizzicatoand @Wrecking Crew

Edited by rwbishUP

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15