CCIP GUN CROSS OCCULT

Laser9
Go to solution Solved by jaylw314,

By default, the TGP diamond disappears when the CCIP reticle goes over it. This should be able to be disabled in the IFFCC menu. (IFFCC to test, display modes, then put "CCIP GUN CROSS OCCULT" to "N")

Since the last big update this feature has not been working. Regardless of whether it is turned on or off in the IFFCC menu, Gun Cross Occult is enabled no matter what.

Edited by Laser9
  • Like 1

The "CCIP GUN CROSS OCCULT" setting has nothing to do with the TGP Diamond.

The TGP diamond will always disappear under the CCIP recticle. 

From the manual: CCIP GUN CROSS OCCULT. This allows the option to occult the TVV behind the CCIP gun cross in CCIP mode by selecting YES.

So with the setting set to Y, you will notice that the TV will disappear if the gun cross is in the same position on the HUD.  With the setting set to N, the TV and the gun cross will be displayed overlapping each other on the HUD (making it difficult to aim).

Edited by Stuka

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

I am 100% certain that this setting was for the TGP diamond. Before the big update I used to use this setting literally every flight and turning it to N would make it where the TGP diamond would not be hidden by the CCIP reticle. You can even see it in this video.
I am not sure why the manual talks about the TVV. Regardless of whether I set it to Y or N it seems that the CCIP gun cross hides the TVV no matter what.

Edited by Laser9

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

I haven't tested it out, but here is a thread on this question.  The gist of it is that the "CCIP GUN CROSS OCCULT" ONLy affects the gun cross in CCIP Master Mode, not GUNS Master Mode.  The GUNS reticle and gun cross always occlude symbology, but in CCIP mode, the gun cross will not occlude symbology if the setting is set to OFF.

• 3 weeks later...