Automatic carrier landing broken ?

ivo

Hi to all I want ask you with the last update the automatic carrier landing is broken ? because I'm not able todo its....

bye

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Nope?

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

1 hour ago, ivo said:

Nope?

Well maybe if you described what exactly your problem is someone might be able to help.

Quick checklist:

• Data Link set to Carrier and on
  • TACAN set to carrier
  • ICLS tuned to Carrier
  • Steering CMD to AWL/PCD (front right)
  • HUD and VSI to ACL
  • HUD mode to LDG
  • Configure for landing
  • Throttle slightly forward
  • engage Auto Throttle (left side)
  • Auto Pilot to ACL (left side, left button back)
  • turn AP on
  • fly the needles (AT takes care of throttle)
  • engage AP once the AP/CPLR light comes on (NWS button)
  • sit back and watch

I'm probably forgetting something but there's a very detailed description in Chuck's guide https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-f-14b-tomcat/

thanks for the answer I already know the whole procedure and I have always followed it without problems, but since the last patch came out the CMD controll blink quickly an dissapaers and ACLS doesn't works...

I have this problem as well.  I go through the sequence described above OK, and the various lights illuminate right up to AP/CPLR.  I’m flying on speed AOA, lined up on the needles.  But when I depress the nws button, the ACLS does not engage.  Occasionally, I see the CMD Control light rapidly illuminate and then blink out.  I don’t have a lot of experience with the ACLS, so I’m not sure if the problem is with me or not.  I should add:  I’m describing a MP experience.  

Edited by _Redwing_

ok solved in my case was a bad set-up of the joystick....sorry

3 hours ago, ivo said:

ok solved in my case was a bad set-up of the joystick....sorry

I had a similar issue with the ATC, it would turn itself off as soon as I released the switch.  It turned out that I set the toggle to the AUTO else BOOST command by mistake.

Edited by 9thHunt

17 hours ago, 9thHunt said:

I had a similar issue with the ATC, it would turn itself off as soon as I released the switch.  It turned out that I set the toggle to the AUTO else BOOST command by mistake.

👍

• 2 weeks later...

I have experienced the same issue's as readwing describes. But got it to work on the 4YA multiplayer server today with Forrestal (flying F-14A 1/2 fuel load and 1 AIM-54). I was previously convinced that I was flying exactly on the needles, but with hindsight I was flying with backpressure on stick ( not trimmed correctly ) AND I have since tweaked my dead zone on the stick in settings. Today's success saw the ACLS lock on at approx 2 miles, at 1st attempt with absolutely no axis input from me on stick.

However, aircraft subsequently flew a low ball with a 1 wire trap (barely missed ramp). Engine temp setting left at default "medium" (Caucasus map). It's possible that I was caught by bubble?

Edited by F1GHTS-ON

yes, and since posting I have seen on other threads that the meatball is set up for the F/A-18, so Heatblurs F-14 is already off to  a lower profile. Someone else has pointed out that NATOPS procedure was just as you describe with a mandatory disengage at approx 1 - 1 & 1/2 miles due to no guarantees with ACLS to do that last bit. Although fast forward 10 years and the new UAVs must be using ACLS (??) to get aboard. (Mind you did I read that the UAV's hooks keep hitting the same sweet spot on the deck thus causing damage...?.)