Auto-Hover

Tango

Hi,

I've got auto-hover working (I think?), but find it is a bit tempremental when using the Skyval? Note that the Skyval is NOT in Auto-Turn mode!!!

Anyone else finding this? I find it works best if I hover, trim, activate auto-hover, then set up the Skyval.

I find it doesn't work so well if I already have the Skyval on and tracking a target (e.g. whilst flying low, lock up a target, hide, then attack).

Best regards,

Tango.

There is no direct connection i think. Nowever when moving a hat on joystick looking for targets on Shkval screen sometimes causes shaking of the helikopter. That's because my Logitech is quite old already and slightly disbalanced

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

That's a common mistake I see online- people skip the flying part counting on autopilot and are anxious to go shooting. Usualy that leads to poor tactical position (aka sitting duck) and eliminates any defensive and even many offensive options.

Trim, trim again and then trim some more- when you can manualy make the helicopter to hover over a choosen by you point (which gives you tactical benefits) you'll find out that autohover is needless.

I don't wanna this to sound like a show off but I don't know how to initate an autohover and have never done it for 1 year and 9 months work with BS.

It's an extra, something intended to assist the pilot, not to take his functions of flying the chopper.

• Like 1

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Try this

Once you get into a hover and auto hover is on. Lockup the Shval and turn on auto turn to target. Now slew your target cursor and the helo will continue to track where you are slewing. look at abris and track the yellow bars while you are slewing to see where your cursor is on the map.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

That's a common mistake I see online- people skip the flying part counting on autopilot and are anxious to go shooting. Usualy that leads to poor tactical position (aka sitting duck) and eliminates any defensive and even many offensive options.

Trim, trim again and then trim some more- when you can manualy make the helicopter to hover over a choosen by you point (which gives you tactical benefits) you'll find out that autohover is needless.

I don't wanna this to sound like a show off but I don't know how to initate an autohover and have never done it for 1 year and 9 months work with BS.

It's an extra, something intended to assist the pilot, not to take his functions of flying the chopper.

Agreed 100%. I never got used to autohover in my first flights. Now I know how to handle the helo, I have better results without even bothering about autohover.

It takes some practice, but you can easily maintain position, since you've got the altimeter and horizon in sight, when looking at the SHKVAL-Display and the angle-indicators of the sensor help you even more.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Hi,

Well one of my problems is controller setup/calibration. I have just got the sim set so it doesn't bounce around when I land on the ground anymore, and is more stable.

I'm not trying to "cheat" or otherwise avoid flying the aircraft - I fly for real (Gliders). :) With the controller issues I was having (getting sorted out now) it was a necessity so I could actually try and learn something about the aircraft, instead of getting frustrated with it.

I'm starting to be quite happy at strafing with the cannon/rockets, which is helping me to learn to handle the aircraft. Still haven't quite sorted uncommanded landings yet though. ;)

Best regards,

Tango.

Just curious, new downloaded version today, do the RL pilots use auto hover or do they fly it themselves?

Seems like a hand full to keep this bird up and about let alone initiating an attack on top of it all!

SlapStik

TM Warthog #1547, TM TPR Pedals, TM MFD pack & TIR4

You should not have to disengage Heading hold to adjust your heading to target. Merely turn the nose with pedal input and re-trim or, if you prefer, hold down the trim button as you adjust heading and then release it when set. Last night I flew an entire coop mission online and killed 16 targets - on keyboard. No auto-hover. I'm not bragging, just illustrating a point. :D

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

The problem is not so much fighting against the heading hold (the pilot will win, the autopilot only has so much authority), but fighting against the force trim springs. Of course, this effect can't be modelled in the game, since it requires springs in your joystick (or something similar), but in the actual aircraft, you would have to place a lot of pressure on the controls, and when you pressed that trim button, that pressure would be released, and you'd jerk the controls. It won't happen in the game, but if you're going for the highest level of realism, you should press the trimmer before moving the controls.