Running outta fuel ???

badger7966

Hi......Ive just bought the A8 and the D9......I usually potter about in the Viper....so one hell of a differance here.

I kinda got to grips with the taxi and take off.....but about 10 minutes into the flight the engine shuts off....fuel looks ok......engine dials look ok.....Im just running outta oommph.

Any advice is welcome.....plus any other tips for a neewbie Prop dude.

• Like 1

- There's a fuel tank selection lever above the left knee. Make sure it's moved to its most top position (front tank)

- make sure the fuel tank pump CB switches are pushed in (the middle/open section of buttons on the right)

Edited by peachmonkey
  • Like 1

If prop stops, it is serious engine failure, when engine is out of fuel it will still spin.

Still what does mean too high rpm, last time i've flown A8 i could go wide open for very long time, but game is in constant development so something could change.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

25 minutes ago, badger7966 said:

Biggest arse ache is taxiing!!!

make sure you keeping the the stick pulled back while taxiing in in the FW190. The rear wheel is free spinning if the stick is in neutral position, and it will lock once you pull the stick back (and keep it there). Steering is with wheel brakes.

Edited by peachmonkey

• 3 months later...
On 11/1/2021 at 5:57 PM, badger7966 said:

Hi......Ive just bought the A8 and the D9......I usually potter about in the Viper....so one hell of a differance here.

I kinda got to grips with the taxi and take off.....but about 10 minutes into the flight the engine shuts off....fuel looks ok......engine dials look ok.....Im just running outta oommph.

Any advice is welcome.....plus any other tips for a neewbie Prop dude.

Check warm up procedure in flight manual. It`s all there. Don`t push the engine until it reaches optimal temperature and oil pressure is withing limits. All our warbirds` engines will seize mid air if you strain them without warming it up first. Another vital advise for a newbie: study the Flight manual in full. That will spare  you of frustration and lost time in game. 

Edited by Rainbowgirl