Alt Modes

dresoccer4

I do own the Mi-24P Hind Module...

Upper control is a quick "Altitude Hold" or "Hold this Altitude" Push Button while the lower right circled panel is the Altitude Autopilot on/off control panel.

You can command the helo autopilot to send inputs to the pitch autopilot to climb or descend the helo (within limits) by left or right clicking the (guarded) toggle on the Altitude Autopilot to the right of the "CHECK" on that panel.  The Mi-8 Altitude Autopilot is pretty similar to this but controls look just a tad different.

On the Altitude Autopilot, if you are commanding the AP to increase Altitude by right clicking and holding on the vertical (guarded) toggle you will see the horizontal indicator line jump UP above the centerline for as long as you hold the right mouse button down.. same in inverse for the descent by left clicking and holding with the horizontal indicator line dropping below the centerline.

I noted that if I turn OFF the the Altitude Hold and turn OFF the Altitude Autopilot (so red light is showing) .. and then turn ON the Altitude Hold by pressing the ON Push Button on the Altitude HOLD it will automatically turn the Altitude Autopilot ON and the small green light will glow, as will the Altitude Hold "ON" Push-button.  This was inconsistent in my testing.. some times I had to have the other three autopilots (Yaw, Roll, and Pitch) enabled before pushing the Altitude Hold ON would cause the Altitude Autopilot Light to go green (turn on).

Parts of it may be still WIP ...

Regards

AldoUSMC

• Like 1

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit

Not sure what you’re saying AldoUSMC. 

the lower right button along the main axis control row, the B channel, the one that rounds and say ALT above it, is your main altitude hold for in flight, it will hold barometric altitude only. As aldoUSMC explained, you can use the toggle below it to change altitude briefly.

Above it the rectangular button that says ALTIMETER, that is a radar altimeter hold that only works in hover with doppler system on and within limits (+/-7 degrees pitch and +/-25 degrees roll), within that range it will hold radar altimeter altitude using the B channel that’s normally used for barometric altitude on its own(when b channel is used on its own.) 

it is meant to be used with hover mode primarily, that way with auto hover and that radar altitude hold both on it will attempt to roughly hold a spot in space. I think this might be the incosntisteny you mentioned AlsoUSMC, I have trouble understanding your post but pressing the radar altimeter hold when not within limits might turn on the B channel(lower right corner barometric hold) without turning on the square radar altimeter hold button light. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Thank you for the clarification AerialGloria about the rectangular button on top being a Radar Altimeter Hold compared to the more persistently used Barometric Autopilot Hold below .... I was basing my input on my experiences in-sim to date and not any documentation (since it's not documented yet).

I guess it makes sense also that it (RadAlt Hold) would be used mostly for when using Hover Mode in the Hind to help relieve the pilot of some work keeping things stable.

Again, thanks for the additional info.

• Like 1

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit