Low FPS with good hardware

Ballantin

Got my new system yesterday.

i9 11900K @5,3GHz
RTX 3080Ti OC
64GB RAM
2x 1TB (M.2)
1x 4TB (SSD)

Does anyone have recommendations about DCS-settings for good and stable FPS or should I try to max out everything?! 60FPS in 4K-pancake-mode is my target.

VR-wise I know I will have to fiddle around a bit to get the best possible result, so no question about this at the moment.

Edited by JumpinK

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

thank you! gonna try this now... 😎👍

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

• 3 weeks later...

@BallantinI find terrain object shadows set to "Default" to give me more stutter over trees and buildings at lower altitude. Your mileage may vary, but I get significant improvements with regard to stutter with terrain object shadows set to "Flat", and I actually (subjectively) prefer it visually over "Default". 

If you're still needing a bit more improvement/room after that, I might recommend trying preload radius to something lower (I'm using 80k) and possibly also reducing your "visib range" to high, if not already. 

Terrain object shadows set to "Flat" and SSAA set to "Off" have been the main difference makers for me for a buttery experience with trackir. 

I can't speak to G-sync, however, as I don't have it. 

I'm running pretty much maxed, except for the above-mentioned, and SSAO set to "off" at 3440x1440p with my main spec differences from yours being an older i7 6700k and an RTX 3080. Terrain object shadows "flat", visib range "High", Preload radius at 80k, SSAA and SSAO off are providing me with a consistently smooth and buttery experience at 60hz (disclaimer, I'm only getting back into DCS again after about 6 years of not having played). 

Edited by Ram69
  • Like 1

13700k, 64GB DDR5, RTX 3080, 1x 4TB M.2, 3x 2TB M.2, @ 3440x1440p, Windows 11