Shaw 79th Tigers Six Pack

Roughmaster

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding!! 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Also former Gambler, Hooter, Juvat, Panther, 57th FWW (Falcon/Viper), and GPS/NAVSTAR, LANTIRN, CCV, and XL test platforms working between Tonopah and Edwards.

Would be nice to see retired units - 17th TFS Hooters (Shaw), 63rd TFTS Panthers (MacDill), or some Panton/Juvat birds out of Kunsan. Homestead AFB jets.  Nellis AFB jets. F-16 Aggressors.  Hahn AB, Rammstein AB.

You do a really nice job with your skins.

Kev

21 hours ago, Corvet_01 said:

Also former Gambler, Hooter, Juvat, Panther, 57th FWW (Falcon/Viper), and GPS/NAVSTAR, LANTIRN, CCV, and XL test platforms working between Tonopah and Edwards.

Would be nice to see retired units - 17th TFS Hooters (Shaw), 63rd TFTS Panthers (MacDill), or some Panton/Juvat birds out of Kunsan. Homestead AFB jets.  Nellis AFB jets. F-16 Aggressors.  Hahn AB, Rammstein AB.

You do a really nice job with your skins.

Kev

Man, you have done ALL the cool stuff, CCV, XL, Lantirn, woah!! I got 5 Gamblers coming up 🙂  I'll add those retired units to the list!

Thanks,

I consider myself blessed to have worked with some sierra-hotel people.

CCV, NAVSTAR, LANTIRN and XL were in and out of our test group, and I had a chance to bend wrenches on all of them.  75% of my focus was on GPS/NAVSTAR at the time, though.

Interesting Gulf War story - the GPS systems our birds developed lead to some aircraft (Block 30's IIRC) out of Hill AFB being designated as FASTFAC aircraft because they could direct CAS efforts better than our INS-equipped Block 25's out of Shaw AFB.  And then we would roll in with Mk84's, CBU's, AGM-65's, etc, or the A-10's would roll in with EVERYTHING based on FASTFAC info.

When we came home, our Block 25's were replaced with Block 42 F-16CG NIGHT FALCON Vipers with the wide angle NV HUDs.  They had PW F100-PW-220 engines and were as deadly as the GE-engined Block 52 CJ's SEAD/Wild Weasel Vipers that we transitioned to later 6 years later, now the same aircraft but Block 52CM's, I believe.

It's hard to believe that in 15 years I went from Block 5/15 airframes to Block 30's, backwards to Block 25's, and then Block 42CG's, and then Block 52CJs.

What's harder to believe is that the Tigers in your skins were flying in that squadron 24 years ago and are still flying today in the same squadron, whereas "back in the day" we were getting new production blocks about every 4-6 years.

Bored you enough!

Kev

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great work I love it very much. I've always been addicted to your work. But please allow me to inform you about the correct falcon logo on the back of the cockpit of the 20th FW Shaw AFB. will be another But the one shown now belongs to  the 35th FW Misawa AFB sir. Thank you  very much for sharing sir!

450edcd79ed84761c58b42203ff549a9.jpg

F-16-79th-FS.jpeg

IMG_4207.jpg

On 12/7/2021 at 9:41 AM, tewarit said:

Great work I love it very much. I've always been addicted to your work. But please allow me to inform you about the correct falcon logo on the back of the cockpit of the 20th FW Shaw AFB. will be another But the one shown now belongs to  the 35th FW Misawa AFB sir. Thank you  very much for sharing sir!

450edcd79ed84761c58b42203ff549a9.jpg

F-16-79th-FS.jpeg

IMG_4207.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out, I will correct. 

• Thanks 1

I would not...  That jet stands for something.

That jet, and the tiger logo were present for the 79th anniversary of the 79th FS in 1997.  I know the SrA that created the artwork for the tail - well, a SrA at the time.  It was yellow and black, not orange.  It was in Hanger 1614 at Shaw where we had the Dining In for the party.  LtCol Hyatt then took it to the Tiger Meet later that year IIRC.  The 2001 Tiger Meet wasn't the first one...