Controls indicator

I can't find the answer to this either so you are not alone in missing an obvious solution if one exists.

It seems inconsistent between modules. On the Huey and Mi-24 the control indicator is on by default. On my other helicopters I have to switch it on each time.

Switching on control helper does not seem to make any difference to me as far as displaying the indicator is concerned. However be warned it does dramatically affect your trimming of the aircraft. I don't think control helper is the best name for this as it seems to cause problems and confusion for most players🙂

Ryzen 5900X, RTX 3080, 32GB Ram, Oculus Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick.

18 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I think this.

Nah, that's not the one. Control helper in Mi-8 is equivalent of takeoff assist and auto rudder in warbirds - an aid affecting the flight model. Controls indicator the OP is interested in should in theory be displayed permanently if it's ticked in "Misc." game options, but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to work with this module.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Nah, that's not the one. Control helper in Mi-8 is equivalent of takeoff assist and auto rudder in warbirds - an aid affecting the flight model. Controls indicator the OP is interested in should in theory be displayed permanently if it's ticked in "Misc." game options, but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to work with this module.
You are absolutely correct. The Mi-8 doesn't have the option it seems. That's why I mixed'em up.
This Hind/Huey on the other hand have "Show Hints at Mission Start", which is the setting OP is asking for.
The "Controls Indicator" option under MISC. I assume is for enable/disable the option to display it altogether.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/2/2021 at 4:54 PM, tomeye said:

I have searched in the forum and I could be totally wrong 🙂 but is there a way to always display the mi-8 control indicator?

I want to avoid ctrl+enter every time.

Apologies if it is too obvious and I missed it.

You should avoid controls indicator at all costs. Leave it off and look what the airframe is doing. There is no need for that pop up window. Maybe to check for autopilot behaviour after an update etc.

Otherwise fly without it. 

Edited by River