Where can I purchase module besides Steam and ED

LaLa

As result of ED credit card purchase requirements, ED wont accept my credit card for technical reasons related to where I live, Steam will but dont want to purchase from Steam. Are there any other options?

If there are other options can I transfer the license to ED

This is problematic for me because I cant use my accrued points for a new purchase.

thanx

Edited by LaLa

• LaLa changed the title to Where can I purchase module besides Steam and ED

I contacted my credit card company regarding why the sale didnt go through and they told me because of ED purchase policy.

This must be relatively new ED policy since my other modules where purchased using the same credit card.

😞

Paypal..

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

Same problem on Paypal, address registered to Paypal Must be same country as issuing bank!

Paypal, wont allow an address in a country different than your IP address location.

Edited by LaLa
Not relevant personal info

• ED Team

As I understand it, you were able to successfully complete your order.
I can't explain the reason for the payment delay. But nevertheless, the payment was successful. We will try to review the payment stages, but it will take time. You will receive a response in the support ticket.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LaLa said:

Same problem on Paypal, address registered to Paypal Must be same country as issuing bank!

Paypal, wont allow an address in a country different than your IP address location.

Sounds like a fairly decent fraud protection measure.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cw4ogden said:

Sounds like a fairly decent fraud protection measure.  

Dont disagree, but why cant they call or message me where I live? We have telephones! 🙂

4 hours ago, maximov said:

As I understand it, you were able to successfully complete your order.
I can't explain the reason for the payment delay. But nevertheless, the payment was successful. We will try to review the payment stages, but it will take time. You will receive a response in the support ticket.

I was successful only because I contacted someone in the country where my bank is and they messaged the confirmation code to me. I cant rely on this mechanism to be reliable or safe.

Edited by LaLa

• ED Team
1 hour ago, LaLa said:

but why cant they call or message me where I live?

E-shop is a fully automated system. Sometimes the payment is delayed by the buyer's bank. Most often, this delay is resolved within 24 hours (completely automatically). After a 3-day delay, the order is canceled. There are no phones here.

Both Paypal and the credit card company require use of a phone number to validate purchases. According to my conversation directly with the credit card company, they said that the vendor ie ED insist on phone number to message confirmation. 

Insistence on a phone confirmation for a purchase is a requirement that ED places on credit institutions to impose on customers in order to complete a purchase.

^ Isn't it possible for you to charge your paypal account simply by ordinary bank transfer? No phone number validation is required. I've been using this method to purchase DCS products since 2014 (not having a credit card myself) and it still works.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

8 hours ago, Art-J said:

^ Isn't it possible for you to charge your paypal account simply by ordinary bank transfer? No phone number validation is required. I've been using this method to purchase DCS products since 2014 (not having a credit card myself) and it still works.

Thanx I’ll check it out!

I placed a ticket with support regarding this issue, they recognize the problem, and suggested they were working or other payment options.

To answer your other questions:

On 11/3/2021 at 3:01 AM, LaLa said:

Are there any other options?

Some 3rd parties have their own shops, like Heatblur: https://store.heatblur.com/collections/all

On 11/3/2021 at 3:01 AM, LaLa said:

If there are other options can I transfer the license to ED

Yes: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/steam/#3303126

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg