Saitek Combat pedals & F18 problem open beta - resolved

Sorry second time typing this. Lost all the text first time.

As you can see below I have an issue with the F18 and how it reads the inputs from my pedals. I do not have this issue on any other DCS aircraft or game. You can see the pedals are working fine in windows properties and even within the DCS axis controls setup dialogue. Note that I see a line in the control assignment when pushing left or right pedal which I don't think I've seen before but even so it seems to be correctly reading the inputs.

F18 bug?

Any ideas for a work around?

Thanks

image.png

centered

image.png

Full left

image.png

Full right

image.png

Assignment

image.png

Centered

image.png

Full left

image.png

Full right

image.png

Full right shows line. Centered shows nothing or a dot. Full left shows line to left.

image.png

Example to show that other things don't have the problem

image.png

Edited by Stonehouse
lost all the text for some reason

Ok thanks. No expert either but I still find it strange that I get the situation like below. 

Medium right pedal

image.png

medium left pedal

image.png

While not as effective as having both rudders deflecting wouldn't the above reduce turn performance and general rudder performance? 

Found it tricky to control on take off roll due to the deflected rudders but as speed increases they do center but I find then that full rudder shows very minimal deflection of the control surfaces. I mean really minimal as in barely out of center position. Slowing down and they head back to their on ground appearance

Edited by Stonehouse

• Stonehouse changed the title to Saitek Combat pedals & F18 problem open beta - resolved

Look at your Control screen Axis controls Rudder pedal line. DOes the white bar extends left and right as you press your pedal? Good.

Look at your nose gear while taxiing. Does it turn right and left, when you press your pedal? Good.

In flight, does it yaw to the right and left as you press your pedal? Good.

Now go fly. You will never be able to think like a fly-by wire flight computer. 😉

Edited by Razor18