Open Season - Mi-24P Dynamic Persistent Campaign

ataribaby

image.png

Dynamic persistent campaign around fictional Abkhazia-Georgia border conflict

Welcome into Open Season SP/MP PVP/PVE dynamic persistent DCS campaign. Mission can be played solo in SP or with other players in hosted MP/dedicated server MP. There is always PVE element as world is populated with fighting AI for both sides. Time passes and destroyed units will be carried over stages.

Contains custom skins.

Supported modules

Mi-24P

See readme.txt for installation and usage.

Enjoy and check six!

What's new

Open Season v1.6
* All attack helicopters have 60% of fuel

Open Season v1.5
* Fixed error caused by DCS changes in DEAD event

Open Season v1.4
* No functional changes. Just get it in line with Apache version.

Open Season v1.3
* Added campaign reset mission DDC_Open_Season_mission_reset.miz, identical to loader mission except it resets campaign progress and starts new one

Open Season v1.2
* Added default RED/BLUE coords format and elevation units for targets report

Open Season v1.1
* Disabled units visibility on MFDs (preparation for Ka-50 vs AH-64D version)
* Updated script commenting guide in this readme as vanilla missionscripting.lua was changed

Open Season v1.0
* Initial release

DDC engine v2.4
* Added MGRS coords format

DDC engine v2.3
* Added RED/BLUE coords format and elevation units for targets report

DDC engine v2.2
* Fixed uncompletable ground groups that sometimes have all units destroyed and still reports as alive
* Additional functionality for helicopter ops

DDC engine v2.1
* Fixed CheckDispatcherSquadronConditions error in log when squadron is destroyed

DDC engine v2.0
* Dynamic persistent weather
* Numerous fixes and enhancements
* Improved AI ground strike generation using Moose new auftrag
* Possibility to display target coordinates and their position is marked on F10 map
* Updated to latest Moose version

DDC engine v1.0
* Initial release

Download

Open Season (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Edited by ataribaby
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• ataribaby changed the title to Open Season - Mi-24P Dynamic Persistent Campaign

Hi . Please help. I install files as in the description, unfortunately the campaign does not start. I start the DDC_Open_Season_mission_loader.miz file. After uploading the mission, there is an empty airport and the "spectator" view

7 hours ago, tomek79 said:

Hi . Please help. I install files as in the description, unfortunately the campaign does not start. I start the DDC_Open_Season_mission_loader.miz file. After uploading the mission, there is an empty airport and the "spectator" view

Then something went wrong. Campaign mission was not generated then and loader mission was unable to load it. You probably didn't edited missionscripting.lua per instructions or you placed missions into subfolder. They needs to be directly in Missions folder as said in readme.

To enable campaign persistence, comment out following lines in the file \scripts\MissionScripting.lua inside your DCS game/DCS server install.

--sanitizeModule('os')
--sanitizeModule('io')
--sanitizeModule('lfs')
--require = nil

3 hours ago, Bagpipe said:

Hello, F2 view has the info bar locked and cannot be removed with the usual ctrl+y keys. Also the player's unit is called "Ataribaby" instead of user's own profile name?

Enjoyed my first mission though, nicely done

Hehe interesting, I will try look what causes this 🙂

Edited by ataribaby

Interesting I don't see what is bad why it shows my nick. All is same as with all other missions.

If its bothers you try edit file options inside DDC_Open_Season_mission_stage_template.miz on some very frist lines you will see my nick how DCS editor saved it into mission as with any other mission.

I don't know reason for this. Sorry. I will try look into it more. As I fly only in VR I didn't noticed this issue.

Edited by ataribaby
  • Like 1

Ok Bagpipe,

Tested it and seems it is causing by Mi-24P module itself. When put into new clean mission in editor KA-50 info bar works fine. If I do same with Mi-24P I am not able to turn on/off info status bar.

I am affraid I can't do much about it. Mission itself is fine. ED needs fix this.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 1:47 AM, ataribaby said:

Then something went wrong. Campaign mission was not generated then and loader mission was unable to load it. You probably didn't edited missionscripting.lua per instructions or you placed missions into subfolder. They needs to be directly in Missions folder as said in readme.

To enable campaign persistence, comment out following lines in the file \scripts\MissionScripting.lua inside your DCS game/DCS server install.

--sanitizeModule('os')
--sanitizeModule('io')
--sanitizeModule('lfs')
--require = nil

I'm having the same issue as @tomek79

• Placed all miz files directly in the missions folder (no subfolder)
  • Even added the liveries (although I assume that this isn't required)
  • Sanitized the MissionScripting.lua

Selected DDC_Open_Season_mission_loader.miz, but nothing loads (empty mission)

One thing though.. I see that my MissionScripting.lua content looks different. I think it has changed recently. Here's what I see:

do
         --sanitizeModule('os')
         --sanitizeModule('io')
         --sanitizeModule('lfs')
         _G['require'] = nil
         _G['loadlib'] = nil
         _G['package'] = nil
end

Also tried with "_G['require'] = nil" commented out, but it still didn't work

(running latest OB version)

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hello,

I do not know from where that _g comes in your MissionScripting.lua. Really have no idea why it looks different. 

Here is mine after sanitization (I am on latest OB as well)

--Initialization script for the Mission lua Environment (SSE)

dofile('Scripts/ScriptingSystem.lua')

--Sanitize Mission Scripting environment
--This makes unavailable some unsecure functions. 
--Mission downloaded from server to client may contain potentialy harmful lua code that may use these functions.
--You can remove the code below and make availble these functions at your own risk.

local function sanitizeModule(name)
	_G[name] = nil
	package.loaded[name] = nil
end

do
--	sanitizeModule('os')
--	sanitizeModule('io')
--	sanitizeModule('lfs')
--	require = nil
	loadlib = nil
end

Ok I run DCS_updater.exe repair to get vanilla files and you are right. That file changed. It looks like yours now.  I will try take a look. Meanwhile you can try mine above.

Ok tested with new vanilla script and this definitely works ok. I will update readme in new version.

--Initialization script for the Mission lua Environment (SSE)

dofile('Scripts/ScriptingSystem.lua')

--Sanitize Mission Scripting environment
--This makes unavailable some unsecure functions. 
--Mission downloaded from server to client may contain potentialy harmful lua code that may use these functions.
--You can remove the code below and make availble these functions at your own risk.

local function sanitizeModule(name)
	_G[name] = nil
	package.loaded[name] = nil
end

do
	--sanitizeModule('os')
	--sanitizeModule('io')
	--sanitizeModule('lfs')
	--_G['require'] = nil
	_G['loadlib'] = nil
	_G['package'] = nil
end

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 10:57 PM, Bagpipe said:

Hello, F2 view has the info bar locked and cannot be removed with the usual ctrl+y keys. Also the player's unit is called "Ataribaby" instead of user's own profile name?

Enjoyed my first mission though, nicely done

You need to remap in mi-24, because in this heli ctrl+y doing something

:pilotfly:

Yep Miro. Populate them in DDC_Open_Season_mission_stage_template.miz. There is already airbase defences and FARPS done like that. Of course such units are not part of persistence. Thats requires adding them to oob.lua inside DDC_Open_Season_mission_stage_template.miz and DDC_Open_Season_mission_loader.miz and is fairly complex.

Adding new russian player helicopters should be easy, jutst follow all other client set heicopters. If you want them to be part of persistence so their tally go towards airframe attrition you need name then correctly so they will match with defined squadron in oob.lua and you need add newly added player group name into oob.lua section:

PLAYER_GROUP_NAMES = {
    "ABK ATK Sq/Mi-24P/Flight 1 w/AI",
    "ABK ATK Sq/Mi-24P/Flight 2",
    "ABK ATK Sq/Mi-24P/Flight 3",
    "GRG ATK Sq/Mi-24P/Flight 1 w/AI",
    "GRG ATK Sq/Mi-24P/Flight 2",
    "GRG ATK Sq/Mi-24P/Flight 3",
}

To set winter just edit oob.lua in those missions and set your own starting date. For template mission, date set in mission editor doesn't have any effect. It will be set during stage mission generation.

START_DATE_DAY = 1
START_DATE_MONTH = 6
START_DATE_YEAR = 1998

miz files are simple zips so I am using Total Commader where I can double click open miz files and operate files inside miz like a folder.

For completeness you can also change dates in all DDC_Open_Season_mission_end_xxx.miz missions via mission editor to be roughly in timeframe of your campaign.

Do not forget that any changes you do in oob.lua must be copied into both missions! oob.lua must be same in DDC_Open_Season_mission_stage_template.miz and DDC_Open_Season_mission_loader.miz! 

Hope it helps.

Edited by ataribaby
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ataribaby said:

Yep Miro. Populate them in DDC_Open_Season_mission_stage_template.miz. There is already airbase defences and FARPS done like that. Of course such units are not part of persistence. Thats requires adding them to oob.lua inside DDC_Open_Season_mission_stage_template.miz and DDC_Open_Season_mission_loader.miz and is fairly complex.

I meant more cosmetic changes with static objects like fuel trucks, fire trucks, people at the airport, such tastes to build the atmosphere. Thanks for reply, and great mission!

Edited by Miro
  • Like 1

:pilotfly:

On 11/5/2021 at 3:47 AM, ataribaby said:

--sanitizeModule('os')
--sanitizeModule('io')
--sanitizeModule('lfs')
--require = nil

Hehe interesting, I will try look what causes this 🙂

it's because your readme file described in a pretty stupid way