[FIXED] PL-5EII wrong Warhead and G-limit

GumidekCZ

According to these public data : http://cdn.ihs.com/Janes/Sample-content-IHS-Janes-Weapons-Air-Launched.pdf

the Dekas missile has wrong data in:

Nr_max = 40, - According to data CATIC 2011 should have only 35g limit

Damage = 46.75, - according to increased WH weight +1.5 kg, this should be 28.75 (AIM-9M have = 25, with warhead mass = 10)

expl_mass = 18.7, - Correct value is 11.5 kg (25 lb) HE fragmentation
mass = 18.7,  - again 11.5 kg

piercing_mass = 3.74 - also need to be lowered

Edited by uboats

• uboats changed the title to [WIP] PL-5EII wrong Warhead and G-limit

Since I made a big post about this last spring... Before you all get too excited about the explosive mass... are these # values *corrected* for TNT equivalent? There are still some glaring errors in DCS where devs took explosive filler weight and just = HE explosive power (which is wrong).

A lot of modern explosive compounds are much more potent than TNT per equivalent weight, so those numbers being higher than the actual weight may be factoring in the actual explosive power that warhead should have.

I have no idea what explosive compound China or Pakistan would be using in the PL5, so we would have to see what Deka says.

3 hours ago, PetRock said:

Since I made a big post about this last spring... Before you all get too excited about the explosive mass... are these # values *corrected* for TNT equivalent? There are still some glaring errors in DCS where devs took explosive filler weight and just = HE explosive power (which is wrong).

A lot of modern explosive compounds are much more potent than TNT per equivalent weight, so those numbers being higher than the actual weight may be factoring in the actual explosive power that warhead should have.

I have no idea what explosive compound China or Pakistan would be using in the PL5, so we would have to see what Deka says.

You are true, the mass is used for damage calculation, so it should represent blast power - which is dependant od used explosive type.

Many warheads and bombs than need to be revised, because the mass there fits its published explosive weight. Assuming that there is something stronger than TNT.
Very nice source of information about warheads, blast power, fragment, chemicals, area of efect and many more:
https://www.gichd.org/fileadmin/GICHD-resources/rec-documents/Explosive_weapon_effects_web.pdf

Edited by GumidekCZ

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] PL-5EII wrong Warhead and G-limit