Cockpit Lights bug after DCS 2.7.7.15038

DERacing

Good evening Jockey's!

Was running some F-14B on the hoggit servers tonight.  PG had some open slots and jumped into the Cat at Al Dharfa.  Total darkness of night.  No problem.  Fire up my flash light and start getting the everything running.

Start to setup my lights in the right panel, go to turn on the white flood lights so I can see a little better until I get everything else going.  Flip the switch and got nothing.  Either bright or dim.  No white light at all.   I was able to get the red flood to come on with no issues.  Tried the white switches again with no luck.   Ok.  Jump out and jump back into the server again on the Super Carrier.  Same issue.  No white flood.  Tried it in two other servers also, with no luck.

On another note, can I run with the taxi light on the super carrier up until I pass the blast deflector, turn it off before hooking up, then hook up and turn the lights back on as the salute?   Reason I ask, while on the sc tonight, I could barely see the deck crew trying to get me aligned.  The reflective gear they have on is dim for the one over the cat...  it just depends on how other lights hit them on the others to the right and left side of the cat.   Maybe its time ED gives the deck crew some light sticks and teaches them how to dance! 😄

• Like 1
Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

the interior cockpit lights got bugged in the last patch I think... The white and the red lights are not showing any ambient lighting inside your cockpit.

As far as the SC, no lights on what so ever at all unless you are tying to signal brake failure... Which in that case the deck crew will find the nearest salty Chief and toss them under the wheels to stop the plane.

Or you have all your lights on but the master light switch off and use it to signal for cat launch like a hand salute in day time when the shooter commands power up.

• Like 1

I can also confirm this. The lighting master switch has nothing to do with this, and either bright or dim, none works. What I noticed however, if you turn up the console interior lighting to max at night, you can see that everything lights up, EXCEPT the assymetric thrust limiter panel. Now that panel is unique in the B, and the A does not have it, and if we think about it, that can be considered difference in cockpit instruments, like the new digital engine gauge, so maybe the new DEIG and the flood lights are connected? To me the DEIG is extremely bright white colored night or day, and that is also a light bug, that came with 2.7.7. I'm not a game developer, however, I think it would be worth checking out these two things.

Yes I have noticed that the gauges illumination of the Tomcat is no longer looking good and realistic and beautyful like in the Hind but kinda like as if the gauges were filled red in MS Paint.

I hope this will be fixed soon because evening flights with beautyful cockpit illumination are the best. 🙂

• Like 1

imagine how much you can see at night, do you see the bodies of the people moving around and maybe their float coats? Or do you just see lights wands only moving around... Also, very limited ship lighting as well. Takes some real balls to do what these guys do with that kind of wing span on a E-2C.