DCS World d3d11.dll crash on C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at DDE898A0 00:00000000

jasonsjt

Hi all:

I have experienced constant crash on each time around 5 mins of game play.(if you see my record it has been for several month already.)

The DCS world program just hang then back to Windows 10.

It could happen at any moment, during the fight, landing, parking, or just flying.

I have a complete brand new Windows 10 installation, brand new DCS installation(with customized airplane skins only).

I have turned off the weather, I have run DCS world as administrator, I have switched to default skin, I have installed all c++ runtime I can find(2005~).

I even already renewed my CPU motherboard and SSD as the latest one.

Please see the log for my current equipment detail, in short I am using

AMD R7 5600,

32G DDR4,

M2 512G SSD(DCS world is in drive C along with widnows),

RTX2070 + 8G graphic memory

windows 10

thrustmaster T16000M.

Highly appreciate for your help.

Kindly point out for me if there is answer already I have tried but can't find.

• ED Team

From your logs:

2021-11-06 00:44:57.876 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: failed to create vertex buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
2021-11-06 02:11:05.156 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: failed to create vertex buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
2021-11-05 16:32:48.561 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: failed to create vertex buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

This is an error driver video card. If your video card has overclocking (possibly factory), remove it. Also, please read the information here:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/startup/#3312253

• ED Team
4 hours ago, jasonsjt said:

I have lower my core clock further more

Did you take these screenshots at rest? Or during the flight? What is the temperature during work under load?
In addition, there are many other errors in your log. It may not fix the crash, but I would like to rule out a mistake on this side.
1. Remove mod A-4E-C
2. Rename the folder C:\Users\jason\Saved Games\DCS in any name (Temp, for example) and run the repair.

Hi Maximov:

I have taken these screen shots after the crash.

I have noticed during my game play, there will be broken images from time to time.

Specially when I switch view points, such as F1 =>F4 or F10(Map) => F2(external view), also when I am flying the broken image can still be happening.

They might be happened in few frames then back to normal.

I have tried the method you asked, remove A-4E-C and rename the folder.

I don't know why but I have tried several times the FPS become very low, but the texure failure wasn't happening, and the crash didn't happened.

I will do more tests then reply to you, thank you very much.

Hi I think the previous low fps was caused by the previous crash while I was using the Nvidia experience to record the game play, maybe it crashed part of the graphic card also.

I have restart the PC and enter the game, the FPS seems getting better, but finally the game is still crashing.

Kindly be noticed I changed the graphic to high quality and put the reload into the maximum, I was trying to squeeze the limit of this card.

The interesting part is I have parked the plane onto the ground for 20 mins it's not crashing, then I start another fight with J-11 then it's crashing while I shoot the AIM-120.

Is there any program I can exam whether my graphic card has defect on hardware? such as memory or anything?

Appreciate for your help.

graphic card status when crash (quality high) 202111091203.png

dcs.log-20211108-160149.zip debrief.log

• ED Team
On 11/7/2021 at 10:26 AM, jasonsjt said:

Could it be hardware issue? but this graphic card can run other game like war thunder for a long time without a problem

Different games use video card resources in different ways. Games are not worth comparing. But DCS really consumes too many computer resources.

On 11/8/2021 at 6:17 PM, jasonsjt said:

I have noticed during my game play, there will be broken images from time to time.

I think these are clear signs that the video card is malfunctioning. But first try reinstalling the video card driver from scratch if you haven't already done so.