Mission 1 Feedback - SPOILERS - Read at your own peril

Draken35

I just completed mission 1 after a couple of attempts to get used to your mechanics and pass the language barriers. Must say that it was fun!

I have a few items that I think are worth mentioning:

1) Air interception. The first information we get about the bandits is that they are at flight level 060 (6000 feet). After that, any information that the frigate gives is in meters. I grew up with metric system but live with imperial so I can work both without issues but others might have issues here. Also, the mentions "coordinates" but its is given a BRA (Bearing, Range, Altitude) call and it is not clear, if the BRA info is from the frigate or relative to the player aircraft. Suggestion would be to use the same messages as the DCS AWACS BRA calls and be consistent with the system of measurements used.

2) Infantry attacking the Marines at the port. There is no indication of where they are exactly but they are in close proximity of friendly forces and by the time I finally located an infantry group that looked like the enemy it was taken care of by the Marines. Suggestion, you already have a marker on the ground (blue smoke) so give a cardinal direction (not a bearing in degrees) and a distance (approximated) from the marker.

Finally, I want to mention that I like a lot the way you are handling the wingmen! It is really great (for us SP) having useful wingmen!!!

Yes, I was actually in a orbit centered on the port and scanning it from about 15000 feet with the TPOD (I'm paranoid about SA-18's 😄 )... The real "issue" is identifying the red infantry, specially since the blues are about 400 feet from the reds. In a real situation, with troops in contact well inside danger close distance, I doubt a pilot would drop ordnance without a reference point. Anyway, as I said, when I was satisficed enough of who were who, the blue guys took out the reds without my intervention ...    

• Like 2