INVALID CCIP During Gun and Rocket Training Mission

Dantagonistic

Just going through tutorials to relearn the A10.

On the training for gun and rockets you are required to climb and level out at 6000 ft, at which point you change to CCIP mode and the instructor talks through the HUD target pipper/aimpoint. The problem is that at 6000 you don't get a CCIP solution and so the aim pipper/circle is not there for you to see while the instructor explains it. The two 'dumb' reticules can still be seen when asked to cycle through them. The CCIP reticules will show when nose down and heading towards the target as normal.

At this moment, the gun reticule gives indeed "CCIP invalid" if it is not pointed at the ground.  You can safely ignore that.

A workaround is to change elevation data from DTS to HOT elevation: 

- use the DATA rocker on the UFC to switch from DTS to manually entered elevation. 

- The elevation will start to flash.

-Either use the DATA rocker to select the correct elevation of the target (HOT), or enter it using the number buttons.

-Press ENT to confirm.

To go back from HOT to DTS:  DATA rocker to enter the entry option and use the SEL rocker to set it back to DTS. ENT to confirm.

• Thanks 1

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Thats just he way the A-10C HUD works. It happens when it can't compute a CCIP solution based on where your nose is pointed/radar altimeter, target MSL elevation. It happens a lot when you are shooting at a hillside that's level or even above you, or if you're just flying really high and your nose isn't pointed at the ground. I'd recommend switching to the 4K wind corrected gunsight in slightly look up situations. Otherwise 99% of the time I'd say disregard the invalid message because as soon as you roll in and point your gun at the target it will go away and you'll get a good solution.

I understand why the CCIP isn't working, my point was that it is being explained in detail by the instructor when it isn't actually available to see - it would make more sense if you had to fly at 200 ft alt instead so that the player could actually see what is being described. The way the instructor talks implies that you should be able to see the reticule when you cannot because of the reasons you've both described.

• Like 2