Forrestal Deck Templates

Nealius

I've been using RedKite's lua scripting to make deck templates with the Forrestal. Here's my first one, which needs no external mods other than CVW-5 liveries. Old Hornet models to go easy on framerates. AI support briefly tested: They will work with some management, and will ghost through some statics or despawn on the angled deck after trap, but they do work. Sample mission showing triggers for a 1+00 cycle (ish) and the luas for the four deck configurations are in the attached zip.

"CV 62 'Independence' CVW-5"

Recommended Liveries

Old FA-18C model CVW-5 liveries: Download (NOT Lot20 Hornets! Check installation instructions)

E-2D livery pack: Download (I think....I have so many Hawkeye liveries I'm not 100% certain)

S-3 livery pack: Download

F-14A liveries (if you don't want to use default VF-154): Download

Decks

Launch

Spoiler

Client support: 4x Sixpac, 2x Elev1, 2x Elev3 (Total 8 )

AI support: 2x Sixpac, 2x Elev1, 2x Elev3 (Total 6); Use 1 second spawn delay to avoid aft Sixpac spawns

Tz139Jl.png

Flex

Spoiler

Client support: 4x Sixpac, 2x Elev2 (Total 6)

AI support: Runway start only; select Cats 1, 3, or 4 (Total 3)

WxfcaB0.png

Flex Alternate (for AI)

Spoiler

Client support: 2x Sixpac, 2x Elev1 (Total 4); Use 1 second spawn delay to avoid aft Sixpac spawns

AI support: Same as Client

7ETFRBP.png

Recovery

Spoiler

di4PXqu.png

Updated 08NOV

-3 aircraft not spawning in Launch lua FIXED

-1 aircraft not spawning in FlexAI lua FIXED

CV-62 Deck Template.zip

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• Nealius changed the title to Forrestal Deck Templates

CV 59 (CVW 6) Deck Template Released

Files included

-LUA files for three deck states

-Miz templates for Caucasus, Marianas, Persian Gulf, and Syria with triggers set for two 1+00 (esque) cycles:

+00:00: Launch state (Event 1)

+00:15: Flex state

+01:00: Launch state (Event 2)

+01:15: Recovery state

+01:30: Flex state

+02:00: Recovery state

Required mods

VSN A-6A ; VSN EA-6B

Required Liveries

VF-31 by Reflected ; A-6A Skin Pack by Tomcatter87 ; VAQ-132 by Tomcatter87 ; S-3B Skinpack by uscstaylor

Recommended Liveries for AI

VAW-122 by Tomcatter87

Decks

Launch

Spoiler

RdP5odA.png

Flex

Spoiler

LDthTkW.png

Recovery

Spoiler

V9Ay4ir.png

CV 59 PACKAGE.rar

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 2

On 11/7/2021 at 6:06 AM, Nealius said:

I've been using RedKite's lua scripting to make deck templates with the Forrestal. Here's my first one, which needs no external mods other than CVW-5 liveries.

Hi, thanks a lot for sharing this 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

24 minutes ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

Because ED's trying to make a much more modern F/A-18 than the era that the Tomcats fit into, so an E-2D and Supercarrier would fit together more closely with the Hornet than the Tomcat. That's why.

https://www.navair.navy.mil/product/E-2D

"Initial Operational Capability (IOC): October 2014"

2014!!! 😄

Edited by Baz000

• 2 weeks later...

I've put together some instructions and files to make the USS Ranger a separate selectable carrier in the ME.  If the Ranger re-skin artist can do the others in class, I'll whip those up too.

I've also added a modded Moose file to include the Ranger for AirBoss users (like myself)....

Ranger.JPG

Ranger Files and Instructions.zip

Edited by Reccelow
added moose
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Reccelow said:

I've put together some instructions and files to make the USS Ranger a separate selectable carrier in the ME. 

Thanks a lot for sharing this, worked perfectly:

p4yzF2h.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 4 months later...

Hi Naelius, I just discovered your template and use them a lot. 😀 They're absolutely amazing to provide dynamic scenarios on the carriers. 😉 Many thanks for your excellent work and sharing it. 👏 Fly low....

Screen_220408_124620s.jpg

Edited by toan

Hi All, I love those static deck templates ! Great job ! 👏 However, it seems that the "ClearDeck" lua script, which can be used to clean the carrier deck before activating the various available configurations, erases ALL the static aircraft on ALL the ships included in a mission 🤔 could this be modified so that only the static aircraft on that specific carrier be erased ? 😀 Thanks very much for your help 🙂 Fly low....

Edited by toan

The clear deck lua should only clear statics that have "delete-" prefix added to their name, if I recall correctly. If you have multiple carriers in the same mission using these luas, you can rename the prefix to differentiate between the ships.

Hi Naelius, thanks for your quick answer 😀 The static aircraft in all your lua scripts have names that start with an "X-" prefix, e.g., "X-F14-something". This is OK, but the problem with the "ClearDeck.lua" script is that it scans for static aircraft to delete, using the following statement (line 5) : "if string.match(staticName, "X-*" then  static:destroy()"  . This unfortunately interferes with the lua syntax, for which the "-" sign is reserved 🤔 That "-" sign has a specific meaning in the lua syntax for string matching, which makes trouble when used here. The solution is straightforward : replace that line by this one : "if string.match(staticName, "X.*")..." It just replaces the "-" sign after the "X" by a dot, i.e., ".". This solves the problem, and all goes well, then 😀 Thanks for your scripts ! Very nice work, indeed 👏 Fly low...

Screen_220410_193155s.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/19/2021 at 10:30 AM, Nealius said:

CV 59 (CVW 6) Deck Template Released

Files included

-LUA files for three deck states

-Miz templates for Caucasus, Marianas, Persian Gulf, and Syria with triggers set for two 1+00 (esque) cycles:

+00:00: Launch state (Event 1)

+00:15: Flex state

+01:00: Launch state (Event 2)

+01:15: Recovery state

+01:30: Flex state

+02:00: Recovery state

Required mods

VSN A-6A ; VSN EA-6B

Required Liveries

VF-31 by Reflected ; A-6A Skin Pack by Tomcatter87 ; VAQ-132 by Tomcatter87 ; S-3B Skinpack by uscstaylor

Recommended Liveries for AI

VAW-122 by Tomcatter87

Decks

Launch

Reveal hidden contents

RdP5odA.png

Flex

Reveal hidden contents

LDthTkW.png

Recovery

Reveal hidden contents

V9Ay4ir.png

CV 59 PACKAGE.rar 73.84 kB · 90 downloads

HI Nealius, firstly thanks for this! Could I ask a favour. Have just a long time downloading all the required mods to go with this and there is a LOT of work involved with installing them all correctly....I hope I have done it right, but there are no instrcutions for many and its very confusing....

An example of my confusion: You list the  S3 skins by USC taylor as required. when the downlaod is unpacked, its clear these are skins for the earlier linked VSN A6A mod, as in the file structure you get, it goes: New S3 Viking skins/mods/aircraft/VSN_A6A/liveries/VSN_A6A/ and then the individual livery folders.   The S3 is a DCS root folder mod, as its skins for teh standard DCS S3 model in the main DCS folder, yes? So why is it installing to a VSN mod A6A which installs to the saved games folder?   I am confused.......

Can you also confirm, the VSN mods should be installed as follows: Saved games/ Mods/Aircraft/VSN A-6A (For example) .  So then liveries for this mod should be installed as follows: Saved games/ Mods/Aircraft/VSN A-6A/Liveries/VSN_A6A/and then the individual livery folders. Correct? 

Could you post the correct file structure breakdown for the various mods / skins and where they should go? ? it would really help. Thank you so much! 

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

On 8/16/2023 at 3:55 AM, markturner1960 said:

Can you also confirm, the VSN mods should be installed as follows: Saved games/ Mods/Aircraft/VSN A-6A (For example) .  So then liveries for this mod should be installed as follows: Saved games/ Mods/Aircraft/VSN A-6A/Liveries/VSN_A6A/and then the individual livery folders. Correct? 

For liveries you have two options for where to place them:

1) Place the liveries within the Mod's folder. The path would be /Saved games/DCS or DCS.openbeta/Mods/aircraft/name of the aircraft/liveries/code-name-of-the aircraft/  ... for example:

bKIy4Av.jpg

2) Place the liveries at /Saved Games/DCS or DCS.openbeta/Liveries/code-name-of-the-aircraft/  ... like this:

0rCNQQM.jpg

Option 1 is ideal for the liveries that came included with the aircraft mod. Option 2 is better for additional liveries that don't came with the mod ... this way you dont lose these liveries if you ever update the Mod.

Please note that for this captures I used another A-6 Mod, as I don't have the VSN one at the moment, so don't copy/paste folder names, you need to inspect the VSN files to see what is the code-name of the aircraft.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

Thanks will look at that. 

OK, I think I have figured it out... 

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit.