What type of chair for rudder pedals?

I'm getting back into rudder pedals after 20 years of not using them. Last time I used them, as silly as it sounds, I had a problem with the chair. Pressing the rudder pedals was causing the whole chair to swivel in the opposite direction! In other words, my whole body was spinning at the hips which was not the intended action. I need a more stable platform to sit on. Either a non-swivel chair, or a swivel chair with a lock, to stop the spinning when I engage the lock. What do you use?

61oQKMFqydL._AC_SY741_.jpg

NZXT Phantom Red Case

Intel Core i5-2500K CPU

GeForce GTX 770

GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 ATX Intel Motherboard

COUGAR SX850 850W PSU

CORSAIR Dominator 24 GB RAM

SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-222AB

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus Cooler

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Avoiding the swivel was exactly why I switched to a fixed seat.  Initially I used an IKEA Poang and bolted my HOTAS to the arms.

Since then, I built a base using 10cm fence posts (which is not very pretty, is very heavy, but cost 1/10th of the equivalent frame made in Aluminium extrusion), the added a s/h car seat that I found cheap on EBay.  Works great

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Normal swivel chair here and no issues with spinning. I suppose it might depend on chair weight and pedals model used. I use MFG Crosswinds with damper mod and despite their width, they're not giving enough resistance to cause noticeable rotating moment of my chair.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I dont have the luxury of a spare room to sim so mine has to be portable and packaway. For 5 years an old camping chair from Aldi (£6) did surprisingly well. Stupidly I threw it out in one of my "never simming again phases". Now Ive upgraded to a deluxe camping chair with lower arms for ease of access to the throttle but it looked smaller in the picture and I feel like Ronnie Corbert. 

Never had an issue with the £6 one for comfort, access of stability (even when whamming the crosswinds). 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.