Finding coordinates/steer point creation from map/HSI

PSYKOnz

Just a quick question, if it’s been answered please link me, but I’ve not been able to find a post or video on this.

is there a way to make a steer point and/or get coordinates from either the ground radar or the HSI?

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

Coordinates are displayed on the FCR when you have a target track or in FRZ.

With SOI on the FCR press 7 on the ICP to bring up the markpoint page on the DED and TMS up to create a markpoint at the current FCR cursor position then press "0" to make it the active steerpoint. Remember to CZ to remove any slews afterwards.

SPI is displayed on the HSI so you can slew the FCR to move SPI to where you want it on the HSI then make a markpoint there.

Edited by Crptalk
  • Thanks 1

By HSI you mean HSD and sadly you can't mark it directly like the TAD in A-10. Although you can select steerpoint and DL objects using the HSD cursor.

FCR ground map you can absolutely make new steerpoint (mark points) with it. In a way because the AG ghost cursor shows up on the HSD you can sort of make an HSD mark by moving the FCR cursors and watching the HSD ghost. When you FCR mark you can do so according to what you see on the HSD.

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2021 at 8:09 PM, Crptalk said:

Coordinates are displayed on the FCR when you have a target track or in FRZ.

With SOI on the FCR press 7 on the ICP to bring up the markpoint page on the DED and TMS up to create a markpoint at the current FCR cursor position then press "0" to make it the active steerpoint. Remember to CZ to remove any slews afterwards.

SPI is displayed on the HSI so you can slew the FCR to move SPI to where you want it on the HSI then make a markpoint there.

I didn't realize the Markpoint DED page was working.  I'm only able to make a Markpoint using the A/G radar with FCR