CCIP with Bombs

Sleepy Joe
Go to solution Solved by LastRifleRound,

45 minutes ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

Sure, and I would be ok with that if the damage model was realistic, but DCS is completely arcade in that regard, either you hit the vehicle/structure directly, or its like nothing happened.  

True as well, but given good time both CCIP and the damage model will be working more as expected in real life.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

On 11/14/2021 at 9:24 AM, Nealius said:

Genuinely curious: Why the fixation on CCIP? It’s my understanding that “the Navy way” is to drop in AUTO (source Fighter Pilot Podcast).

I have excellent results designating the target with ATFLIR and rolling in for a 30deg or 45deg delivery in AUTO. Good hits almost every time. 

It doesn’t fix the CCIP issues, but when one tool isn’t working just use another until it does get fixed. 

That's because using a pod with AUTO is the ONLY thing that works and ONLY with MK82 and ONLY below a certain speed. Every method of iron bombing has been bugged in the Hornet, some for years.

HUD designations are misaligned and if you don't have a TDC axis too coarse.

The radar designations are bugged from aircraft motion.

Mk83's are bugged no matter what you do.

Ccip is bugged as described here.

If you don't have GPS, sone mysterious bug will make all bombing impossible.

And no one seems to think it's a priority deserving a fix anytime within the span of years.

Seeing as the A10 STILL has iron bomb bugs it had 5 years ago, there's a very real possibilty much of this is never fixed. It's wrong.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, LastRifleRound said:

Seeing as the A10 STILL has iron bomb bugs it had 5 years ago, there's a very real possibilty much of this is never fixed. It's wrong.

If that's true, I'll just stop playing, too much hard earned money to spend on unfinished products.

Last thing I heard was the hornet getting out of early access in january or so... Where are we now? Oh yes still in EA.

Stay safe

It's absolutely related to this

Posted this a few days ago; thought it was strictly an AUTO solution issue with the ASL - tested today to see if any fixes were implemented and just left out of the patch notes. Once I realized there weren't, I decided to mess around with CCIP, and noticed there were wild inaccuracies sometimes, and others a pretty close miss. Used active pause to launch a few, and saw the CCIP line and cross jump exactly the same way I described the ASL for AUTO...

Something is really messed - worst part is it's inconsistent so you can't rely on any HUD or AG designation cues. 

2 hours ago, LastRifleRound said:

Every method of iron bombing has been bugged in the Hornet, some for years.

No it hasn't. The first year of Hornet release I was plinking tanks in CCIP with 82s and 83s. It was primarily the hi-drag bombs that have been bugged "for years."

I'm still not seeing game-breaking issues with AUTO or CCIP on my end. Technically, plinking armored vehicles with CCIP or AUTO isn't particularly realistic anyways. 

Edited by Nealius

56 minutes ago, Nealius said:

No it hasn't. The first year of Hornet release I was plinking tanks in CCIP with 82s and 83s. It was primarily the hi-drag bombs that have been bugged "for years."

I'm still not seeing game-breaking issues with AUTO or CCIP on my end. Technically, plinking armored vehicles with CCIP or AUTO isn't particularly realistic anyways. 

Please re-read what I wrote, because you seem to think it was "all methods of bombing have always been bugged since the beginning", which is not what I said.

Look into my history and you will see me actively engaging amd contributing on this topic for years.

Also, I never claimed anything was "game breaking" as that's a nebulous throw-away term.

Bottom line, these things are bugged, some of them for years, and I don't like it, and many others don't either. You're free to ignore it if you want, but that doesn't mean I'm not telling the truth.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LastRifleRound said:

Please re-read what I wrote, because you seem to think it was "all methods of bombing have always been bugged since the beginning", which is not what I said

You said,  verbatim, “every method.” Every method = all methods. “For years.” Nebulous. Funny how me being nebulous is a “throw away” that doesn’t apply to you when you’re nebulous. The Hornet has only been out for 2, maybe 3 years now? “For years” = 3+ years. If you lie about what you yourself said and have double standards on semantics then why should I believe you’re “telling the truth?” 

Edited by Nealius

5 minutes ago, Nealius said:

You said,  verbatim, “every method.” Every method = all methods. “For years.” Nebulous. Funny how me being nebulous is a “throw away” that doesn’t apply to you when you’re nebulous. The Hornet has only been out for 2, maybe 3 years now? “For years” = 3+ years. If you lie about what you yourself said and have double standards on semantics then why should I believe you’re “telling the truth?” 

So many paper tigers.

"For years" does not equal 3+. It means more than one.

I said two things separated by a comma. "Every method of iron bombing has been bugged". This is a true statement. ", some for years". Also true. I provided evidence (mk83 bug is from 2 years ago, A10 bug is over 5 years. Radar designation bug is over 1 year almost 2 now, HUD TDC bug is from the beginning).

What you did is in your mind was delete "..., some..." and then accused me of saying the resultant summation. I did not say what you said I said, and everyone can read that.

Maybe English isn't your first language. That's cool, but don't put words in my mouth or in this case, selectively choose them and give them alternate meanings.

• Like 1

CCIP + AGR takes the cake in my recent experience. I used Mk83's for the tests. I usually dive at 20 deg., a/s around 480- ish. and as long as I pickle exactly when CCIP cross is over the target, the bombs are on top of the target or very close.  In all of these tests I had the FLIR looking at my target w/ forced AGR.  The AUTO almost always causes short hits, except when I use it in a 15 deg. loft. I tried it 3 times and 2 were direct hits, 1 close enough. Go figure that one...

The wind was 6 kts. from 90 deg. left or right. I didn't notice any issues with wind compensation. I'm not sure whether HUD indications are correct but as long as the ASL is on the diamond, the bombs are lining up on the target... just usually short :glare:

I'll post a short clip tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Y'all set up training missions, make track reports, post them as a bug report in the bugs subforum daily until acknowledgement and or fix at some point in time, whenever that may be. Every other kind of hemming and hawing and wondering and growing angry about that stuff in this here thread is essentially somewhat worthless.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

4 hours ago, Shimmergloom667 said:

Y'all set up training missions, make track reports, post them as a bug report in the bugs subforum daily until acknowledgement and or fix at some point in time, whenever that may be. Every other kind of hemming and hawing and wondering and growing angry about that stuff in this here thread is essentially somewhat worthless.

By that logic so is this post.

There was an acknowledged bug cited in this thread. People are having a conversation about being upset about it as a reaction. We're not trying to extract meaning or monetary value out of the conversation, we're just reacting. I thought that was allowed in forums.

Were this the bug forum (where I posted the actual bug cited here) I'd be inclined to agree with you and would expect the conversation limited to the scope of the bug itself, but this particular sub-forum is for general discussion, which is what you are seeing here.

Edited by LastRifleRound
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LastRifleRound said:

By that logic so is this post.

There was an acknowledged bug cited in this thread. People are having a conversation about being upset about it as a reaction. We're not trying to extract meaning or monetary value out of the conversation, we're just reacting. I thought that was allowed in forums.

Were this the bug forum (where I posted the actual bug cited here) I'd be inclined to agree with you and would expect the conversation limited to the scope of the bug itself, but this particular sub-forum is for general discussion, which is what you are seeing here.

Yep, it's a chitchat. You never know, a random test or observation might contribute to someone's detailed and systematic work already in progress...

Anyway, here's a clip with 2 CCIP drops I was referring to in my previous post and 1 AUTO loft. Targets designated:  https://youtu.be/e7biWohRmAw

BTW, AUTO mode still doesn't calculate solutions for movers so CCIP + Kentucky windage is a valuable tool for now .  I dropped couple of Mk20's on a speed boat just eyeballing the lead. It worked... this time: https://youtu.be/K-ExcBgIfwY?t=46