A-6 Intruder Updates?

Tank50us

12 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Phantom just announced, but comes before flyable A-6, yes?

They were clear about it from the start. No surprises here.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

+1

pretty sad we dont have the A-6E and KA-6D AI after more than a year of it being teased. 

I've learned that with any HB module or tease, add a couple years to your expectations and then you'll just have to wait another year when you think it's finally coming. 

• Like 5

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

8 hours ago, Fromthedeep said:

Cobra said in the interview that they are planning on releasing the AI unit in early 2023, so we'll have to wait and see. The actual module will likely take a long, long time, after all they have quite a few modules to finish before they tackle the A-6.

That's good to hear, really wanting to add the A-6 and KA-6 to my carrier decks and recovery tanker options.  I wonder how much the delays have affected that statement as while I'm happy to wait for the flyable module, I've seen enough pretty shots of the A-6E external model to wonder what else they have left to do to give us the AI version...

• Like 2

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The A-6 is by far the most anticipated module for me.

I've been a flight simmer as long as I can remember... Microprose Strike Eagle II is the first I remember playing, followed by Strike Eagle III, Falcon 3.0, Falcon Gold, Fleet Defender Gold, Janes Longbow (1 & 2), Aces over Europe, Aces over the Pacific, Tornado, and on and on... and you never could have dreamed what flight sims could become (with the flight model and systems fidelity of DCS combined with the experience of VR). 

The thought of a fully modeled, DCS-quality Intruder is over the top. Given the pace at which flight sim development happens these days, and the niche market that the genre occupies, I just hope it progresses to see the light of day.

• Like 2

the A6 intruder is my most waited module so far. I've been a fan of the plane since the Stephen Coonts novels "Flight of the Intruder" and "The Intruder". 

Also for the AI names if I may suggest

Pilot = Cool Hand (the most famous A-6 pilot as seeing the movie Flight of the Intruder)

BN = either Morg or Tiger (Tiger is the one played by Willem Defoe) for a USN plane and Flap (the USMC BN Cool hand fly with in the Intruder novel) for a USMC plane

• Like 1

Yes where is the A-6 Ai .

• Like 2

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/25/2023 at 2:00 PM, Mermoz said:

the A6 intruder is my most waited module so far. I've been a fan of the plane since the Stephen Coonts novels "Flight of the Intruder" and "The Intruder". 

Also for the AI names if I may suggest

Pilot = Cool Hand (the most famous A-6 pilot as seeing the movie Flight of the Intruder)

BN = either Morg or Tiger (Tiger is the one played by Willem Defoe) for a USN plane and Flap (the USMC BN Cool hand fly with in the Intruder novel) for a USMC plane

Morg is in the Morgue, sorry.  And Tiger better come with a big ol stache and sing Downtown.  How much to have Willem Defoe voice Tiger?

Edited by Spurts
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Spurts said:

Morg is in the Morgue, sorry.  And Tiger better come with a big ol stache and sing Downtown.  How much to have Willem Defoe voice Tiger?

Technically, Tiger Cole is in the Morgue too. Perhaps Doc the flight surgeon could fill in. He can't run the systems and says a bunch of random stuff all while being scared of your flying.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

38 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Technically, Tiger Cole is in the Morgue too. Perhaps Doc the flight surgeon could fill in. He can't run the systems and says a bunch of random stuff all while being scared of your flying.

Actually he is only in the movie.

In the book he survived with a broken back and actually learn to walk again, he dies many years laters in another novel of the series (Hong Kong) killed by a killer robot he more or less unleashed (yeah don't ask me I haven't found much sense in the series after Under Siege)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mermoz said:

Actually he is only in the movie.

In the book he survived with a broken back and actually learn to walk again, he dies many years laters in another novel of the series (Hong Kong) killed by a killer robot he more or less unleashed (yeah don't ask me I haven't found much sense in the series after Under Siege)

But Willem Defoe was in the movie... not the book. I stopped reading at Final Flight. I have an autographed copy of that one from the late 80's.

• Like 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

3 hours ago, Vampyre said:

I know, I just couldn't resist the play on words.  And that flying sequence when they took them through the canyon to liberty was so good.

Edited by Spurts

• 2 weeks later...

So the F14 was advertised along with the A6 , this was a selling point for me. Yet still no sign of the A6 intruder in any shape or form .

I will not fall for this again. 

I will no longer buy pre-order. 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

6 minutes ago, KoN said:

So the F14 was advertised along with the A6 , this was a selling point for me. Yet still no sign of the A6 intruder in any shape or form .

I will not fall for this again. 

I will no longer buy pre-order. 

The last info was on the 4th of May:

image.png

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2