Spitfire vs V1...modules needed?

WytchCrypt

On 1/11/2022 at 10:17 PM, Tanuki44 said:

The frequency of the client A10 is not correct and prevents the mission from starting, I changed it.

Hi Tanuki, thanks for testing.

A10 client?? the slots are for Spit, P51 and Mosquito. How is possible?

Maybe it's the weather, but in the initial version of SUNTSAG, the trace of the reactor seems more visible and makes it possible to better identify the arrival of the V1.

The engine was a Ramjet, not a rocket, so the trail in my opinion couldn't be so wide and white.

Similarly, the explosion power seems more important, it's easily destroys the hunter plane even by drawing from a distance.

I calibrated the explosion in order to have damages within ~300 mt. I read that the Tempest hunters adjusted the guns convergence to 300yds.

Cheers!

A10 client?? the slots are for Spit, P51 and Mosquito. How is possible?

Sorry, I don't know why, but the Mosquito turned into an A10 ... probably a error when I looked at the mission in the ME... 

On Wiki you can read this:

.../... the exhaust plume was visible from a long distance .../...

But how much?

For the distance, it is noted that following a V1 to shoot it down was very risky considering the speed...

Your version is really good, shooting it is easy, not to explode is the difficult 👍

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 11:19 AM, Tanuki44 said:

.../... the exhaust plume was visible from a long distance .../...

That's intended at night...  :"At night airborne radar was not needed, as the V-1 engine could be heard from 10 mi (16 km) away or more and the exhaust plume was visible from a long distance".  As far as I understood, at first (june '44) the V1 were difficult to detect by radars so the interceptors where guided mainly by coastal observers sightings. Later the introduction of Hi freq cavity magnetrons (both airborne and ground based) changed the odds.

On 1/15/2022 at 11:19 AM, Tanuki44 said:

Your version is really good, shooting it is easy, not to explode is the difficult 👍

Thank You! 🙂

• Like 1