Wishlist for the next helicopter after AH64D

dr.barber

WISHLIST FOR THE NEXT HELICOPTER AFTER AH64D  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these helicopters would you like to be considered as the next module to be developed? I've put in the list modules with only attack capacity or poor transport capacity. I'm curious to know what you think. Or maybe you feel more the need of a beautiful transport helicopter?

• H145M EC645
    • AW129 MANGUSTA
    • AH1 COBRA
    • MI28
    • KA52
    • EUROCOPTER TIGER
    • WZ10
    • MH6
    • I WOULD LIKE A BEAUTIFUL TRANSPORT HELICOPTER TO ARRIVE

Which of these helicopters would you like to be considered as the next module to be developed? I've put in the list modules with only attack capacity or poor transport capacity. I'm curious to know what you think. Or maybe you feel more the need of a beautiful transport helicopter?

Hmm tough choice.. As a rotor-head, I'd cheer on announcement of any of the above.

But of I had to choose one, I think I'd go for a #H-60 (any version would do for me, hence the "#")

Reason: extreme diversity in operations and not depending on a second operator (such as Petro or George)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

31 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Hmm tough choice.. As a rotor-head, I'd cheer on announcement of any of the above.

But of I had to choose one, I think I'd go for a #H-60 (any version would do for me, hence the "#")

Reason: extreme diversity in operations and not depending on a second operator (such as Petro or George)

+1 for this as well

If speed is death…, buy a Honda and live forever.

2 hours ago, Evoman said:

FYI, the MH6 Little bird is off the table. From what I have read around there were some serious talks about doing a full fidelity module but SOCOM shut it down because it would present a risk to their special operations.

That doesn’t make a lot of sense, the MD series helicopters are widely known throughout the world, and it’s doubtful that there is anything highly secret on the MH-6 outside of some passive missile sensors or jamming technology at most. 

From the list given, I voted for the AH-1. And I know a lot of talk has gone around that it would be an older Cobra, but I would most like to see the Whiskey in the sim. Something to share a timeframe with the Apache/Hornet/Harrier/Viper. 

And most of all, we really really need a UH-60 or SH-60. Imagining an air cav assault with the soon to be here AH-64... swoon. And, a legit carrier borne rotor asset would be great on the Navy side. I would love to see actual rescue ops for downed pilots in multiplayer. 

• Thanks 1

Where's the vote for improving DCS Core?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

On Simon / Wags interview, was talked about AH-1, UH-60 will coming someday. Ka-52 & Mi-28 has very implosible by the actual russian military laws. The eurocopter tiger, AW-129, H145 can only come by Truegrit or similar with contacts on the european military circles or ED get a military contract with a aproval to release them on the entretainment market. Wz10 has on same situation (I dont see Deka making them, without helicopter module making expierience), security problems, active on PLA and very modern. MH-6 has systems very secrets and restricted and has a no.

16 minutes ago, MARLAN_ said:

ED has talked about coming of DCS on the future. Vulkan / Multithread, Dynamic Campaing, VR improvements, Weather engine, Voice comunicacions improvement. Whole world tecnology on 3-4 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AH-1 Cobra would be something I'd really like, especially with the Kiowa being worked on. But I think it's kind of a "sure bet" eventually anyway, so not voting for it.

Out of the "less likely" pile I'd really love the Mi-28, but as Silver_Dragon says it's unlikely it'll ever happen... =(

But if the Denel Rooivalk had been in the vote I'd have voted for it IMMEDIATELY. 😃

3 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Wz10 has on same situation (I dont see Deka making them, without helicopter module making expierience)

Oh damn I completely blanked out on the WZ-10 being in there. THAT'S the one I'd want, though you're entirely right it's highly unlikely to be possible in any way, shape or form.

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

ED has talked about coming of DCS on the future. Vulkan / Multithread, Dynamic Campaing, VR improvements, Weather engine, Voice comunicacions improvement. Whole world tecnology on 3-4 years.

I'm very excited for upcoming DCS Core improvements! I personally would love to see DCS core focus in 2022, and totally finishing existing modules/bug crushing instead of new modules, that said, I'm not sure if the current business model supports not releasing new modules sadly.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

The Cobra would probably be the best option to go for in my opinion. I don't know how best to go with the gun, since even the first Cobras used the Minigun, Grenade Launcher, or the 20mm cannon (the latter being experimented on before TOWs got added to the Cobra's biting ability). But I think that given that the engine, rotors, and tail assembly were all taken from the UH-1 we have in game, adding the early model AH-1s should be an easy addition for DCS, and perfect for Vietnam era bouts.

14 hours ago, MARLAN_ said:

Well... perhaps in another thread?

"Improving DCS core" is not a helicopter. This poll is about helicopters, not about which DCS improvement you'd like to see...

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

13 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Well... perhaps in another thread?

"Improving DCS core" is not a helicopter. This poll is about helicopters, not about which DCS improvement you'd like to see...

Maybe but without the core improvements the helo experience down low will remain 2nd rate at best, unplayable at worse and not something Id personally drop another £80 quid on right now.  Id also change "liked to see" to more or less essential at this current time. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

2 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

Maybe but without the core improvements the helo experience down low will remain 2nd rate at best, unplayable at worse and not something Id personally drop another £80 quid on right now.  Id also change "liked to see" to more or less essential at this current time. 

This wish thread is made for sharing dreams on which helicopter module you'd like to see next. No place for rational thinking here! 😂

(just kidding here, in case that wasn't obvious)

• Like 2

System specs:

Voted snake, but actually I think some form of UH/SH-60 would be a better fit for the implied DCS timeframe.  A Sea King could be pretty versatile too

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

6 minutes ago, sirrah said:

This wish thread is made for sharing dreams on which helicopter module you'd like to see next. No place for rational thinking here! 😂

(just kidding here, in case that wasn't obvious)

consider the plackard waving protester ejected from the roomshouting "anything with a H and a 60 in it!"

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

apache is the top level of having attack helos.

so we need utility ones like blackhawk

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5