DATALINK intermittent bandits disappearing

Riverseeker

Recently i am flying the f16 and i am often experiencing this: enemy bandits sometimes are disappearing completenly from datalink and fcr, after 20/30/40 seconds they reappear.

Is thiss already investigated? or am i doing something wrong?

I noticed this playing liberate campaing and some other few missions.

Just to know if i have to hunt for a decent track or not.

• Like 1

200m butterflier inside :harhar:

MERLO forever

• ED Team

Please include a track replay example so we can take a look 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

well i managed to get only this right now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fndefb2kq3us39/dataling.fcr.disappearingbandits.miz.trk?dl=0

(via dropbox becouse it is 6mb)

if you fast forward till when i stat to get like 50nm from bullseye you will notice overlord calling for bandits at 70 mile at my 9 oclock.

when i turn on them they disappear. They reappear after a while and they go off again. At the end i managed to get them so when i pre-commit you can stop watch becouse from there everything is going fine.

This is happening randomly, at least i havent found a way to replicate that in a short track till now. So get this, if is too long i am going to retry on next days (now i am going bed 😄 ) just to make life easier for you. It is a liberate campaign mix edited to take my bird right behind the frontline to speed up the process.

200m butterflier inside :harhar:

MERLO forever

• ED Team

Thanks for trying with the track, unfortunately its a liberation track so wont play back correctly. 

We will watch for this but so far we have not been able to reproduce. 

There are various reason for a dropped contact, AWACS wont see everything all of the time. 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have seen this happen on multiplayer missions. There is an AWACS orbiting in quite a tight circle at 39k feet. It seems that the datalink would only provide information from the AWACS whenever I was to the rear of the AWACS (an E-3). Whenever its nose was pointed at me, I'd lose the picture. As soon as I got behind it, the picture reappeared. It seems to vary depending on the distance between the AWACS and myself.

Haven't done any more testing as of now.

• ED Team

Just be careful with AWACS and using it in tight orbits it will create a blind spot sometimes depending on the direction of the orbit. Racetrack orbits are better. 

• Like 1

I've been having a pretty regular experience with F-16s in my flight (other hot started human controlled jets) dropping off the fighter to fighter DATALINK and becoming green instead of blue contacts.

I'm also experiencing the intermittent DATALINK info from AWACS, but do expect that is because of range and aspect of the AWACS.

Is there any guidance on how to set up the AWACS in the editor to provide the best coverage? Would two AWACS help?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

On 11/13/2021 at 8:18 PM, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

F16 have red color for confirmed bandit and green color for confirmed friendly

I know that. What I meant is they don't change colour "red/green/red/green" as you described.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3