New Roles for the F-1

Mike Force Team

1 hour ago, Krez said:

He was making a joke.

Just goes to show how poorly humour translates to the internet

• Like 3

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

On 1/11/2022 at 3:23 AM, Krez said:

An Exocet is possible given that the Harrier we have in game has a Maverick it never mounted or used IRL.
So a precedent has already been set.

What's the relevancy between Aerges and the F1 and RAZBAM and their Harrier II?

Secondly, is that how this works now? X is unrealistic, so Y should be too?

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 4

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

35 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

What's the relevancy between Aerges and the F1 and RAZBAM and their Harrier II?

Secondly, is that how this works now? X is unrealistic, so Y should be too?

I'm just pointing out that a precedent has been set, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

I’d be keen to see an AM39 on the F1…

AFAIK, the French Mirages could carry the Exocet - we do ourselves a disservice where we insist on realism to a level where stuff doesn’t get done. DCS is full of examples where the map / era / plane set don’t tally

The way I see it, we’ll all soon be able to tear down San Carlos Water at mast top height.  There’s no SuE in DCS, so if we get to use the F1 as a Dagger stand in or as an Exocet strike platform, then I can’t wait 😎  

We have the excellent A-4 mod, the F1 in Argentine colours should get a lot of flight hours in the S Atlantic map👍 OK, it’s not the right Mirage, but it’s a pretty good stand in

And as for stand ins, we’re going to have to fly AV-8Bs with 9Ms if we want any Harrier CAP action, as Raz have stated that the FRS1 with its radar and 9Ls won’t be along any time soon😕

• Like 3

On 1/7/2022 at 2:34 PM, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

I'm rather surprised that there are people overseas who know about Mitsubishi F-1.

I don't really know much about the F-1 since it was not operated outside of Japan, but I was always aware of its existence and what its mission was.  But looking at it now, I mean really looking, it resembles a meld between the Mirage F1 and the SEPECAT Jaguar.

• Like 1

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Mirage F1 was able to carry an anti-radar missile.

This is an anti-radiation called ARMAT. Developed by the MATRA company from the AS37 surface-to-air missile, it was only used on F1 by the Iraqis against Iran in the second half of the 1980s.

Pulled only from the F1-EQ, version not planned by AERGES (according to what has been announced to date).

9 hours ago, M F1 said:

This is an anti-radiation called ARMAT. Developed by the MATRA company from the AS37 surface-to-air missile, it was only used on F1 by the Iraqis against Iran in the second half of the 1980s.

Pulled only from the F1-EQ, version not planned by AERGES (according to what has been announced to date).

Thanks - had seen reference to the Armat, but wasn’t familiar with it…

On 3/27/2022 at 4:37 PM, M F1 said:

Interestingly Spain did operate an F1 with Anti radar missile capability in the form of Mirage F1EdA (Compatible with BAZAR Anti radiation missiles) however Spain did not purchase any BAZARs and of course the EdA is not a planned version that the moment, still cool though 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Get_Lo said:

and of course the EdA is not a planned version that the moment,

Which is a real pity, as it supposedly hat a lot more capability than the plain EE version. It didn't have a refuelling-probe, but it's the only spanish version I have seen carrying Super 530Fs so far.

• Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!