Apache Missions you'd like to see

FireManDan

7 minutes ago, Mad Dog 762 said:

Yep.  Marianas is not the perfect setting but probably as close as we will get for a while.  

I think you could do some pretty sweet setups in syria or caucus (prolly spelled that wrong) utilizing terrain and kinda navigating low level. I just think if you did marinas you're forcing yourself to low level in the open. but to each their own. 

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 3:42 AM, WarriorX said:

The Sunday Supplement email from DCS had a write up of the Desert Storm AH-64 attack that took out the EW radar sites to start the air war.

I think Desert Storm would make a good campaign using the Persian Gulf or Syria map.

I realize that that the AH-64A's were used in that conflict.  the mast mounted millimeter wave radar dome can be optional, which gets closer to the A model.

To me it's just too historic of a mission to pass up making.

This is exactly the first mission I thought of, and have made a start on building. Obviously I am using the AI AH-64D until the greatness of the real thing arrives in our 'Modules Manager'

• Like 2

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

15 hours ago, MrReynolds said:

Perfect example of different strokes.  Having just re-read Apache again - I would love the chance to operate on call CAS - hunting for targets that dip in and out of cover.  No idea of where the target is.

Pre-planned, for me is where I have less interest.

Different strokes 🙂

Exactly. Choppers can get really intimate with the enemies, and can react to quickly changing/surprising situations well. Operating so close to friendly troops that real care and presence of mind is required is just fun. Already had some of that few times with Huey and i liked it very much. Doing enough of shooting at waypoints in jets already, now i wanna get my hands dirty.. 😃

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

On 11/9/2021 at 7:05 AM, FireManDan said:

Russian is trying to bring Georgia back into the fold by using proxy nations in the Middle East to supply weapons, arms, and fighters to start an insurrection.

You must understand that this is pointless. Times have changed. At the present time, it makes sense to seize a territory or control it for a long time only if it has an almost 100% loyal population. Even the United States cannot do anything with a disloyal foreign population. Crimea, Abkhazia and South Ossetia meet this criterion - they are loyal to Russia. Even eastern Ukraine was not annexed, because the level of loyalty of the population to Russia is not high enough. Georgia is not at all a candidate for annexation. It can only be kept suppressed so that it does not join NATO. The appearance of the Apaches in Georgia can mean only one thing - an attempt to repeat the 2008 war in new conditions. But this is also not realistic.

22 minutes ago, vvm13 said:

You must understand that this is pointless. Times have changed. At the present time, it makes sense to seize a territory or control it for a long time only if it has an almost 100% loyal population. Even the United States cannot do anything with a disloyal foreign population. Crimea, Abkhazia and South Ossetia meet this criterion - they are loyal to Russia. Even eastern Ukraine was not annexed, because the level of loyalty of the population to Russia is not high enough. Georgia is not at all a candidate for annexation. It can only be kept suppressed so that it does not join NATO. The appearance of the Apaches in Georgia can mean only one thing - an attempt to repeat the 2008 war in new conditions. But this is also not realistic.

Nofun_robot.jpg

Let's not prevent ourselves from making fun campaigns because in real world 2021 civilian disposition in the regions we have available in game don't line up perfectly with whatever fictional war scenario we are trying to create. There's discussion to be had on levels of realism but this is taking it waaaay to far.

• Like 14

Whatever the scenario, the new graphics abilitys in the ME are tailor made for the Apache and A-10.  Being able to make kill boxes or mark FLOTs and such will be very useful.

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

1 hour ago, vvm13 said:

Goodness, this rather strict rule on realism rules out 90% of the current DCS campaigns. Basically all the Hornet campaigns in the Caucuses would be null and void, given carriers can't pass through the Bosphorus. Orrr.... it's a game, not reality, and we can imagine interesting situations that challenge our virtual piloting abilities and is supposed to be fun?

As for me, a mission where we get to strap two Royal Marines to the sides of the bird and fly a rescue mission into hostile territory sounds good 😂 But really, I'm just glad people are out there already planning missions/campaigns like this (because I'm utterly useless with the ME). The more single-player content available at/soon after release the better! Will happily pay for all the campaigns you guys can throw at me. Realistic or not.

• Like 5

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Let’s plan realistic missions that can only be done realistically in today’s political climate but then let’s also take off over max gross as a single ship without a major coming in to tell you the plan is now different the day of launch wrecking your 49 hours of coffee enraged planning based off of old intel for air threats.  🤔 can we pick a side of realism! Gosh

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vvm13 said:

Please, no politics here.

• Like 2

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Just saw the movie "The Outpost".  "Combat Outpost Keating" is basically in a hole and was surrounded by ground attacking forces attacking from all sides at once.  Near the end of the battle Apaches made it onto the scene to combat the attackers.  A mission in similar terrain with steep mountains surrounding the outpost would make for some interesting flying and targeting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Outpost_Keating#/media/File:COP_Keating,_in_Nurestan.jpg

Edited by Tshark
  • Like 4

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

55 minutes ago, Tshark said:

Just saw the movie "The Outpost".  "Combat Outpost Keating" is basically in a hole and was surrounded by ground attacking forces attacking from all sides at once.  Near the end of the battle Apaches made it onto the scene to combat the attackers.  A mission in similar terrain with steep mountains surrounding the outpost would make for some interesting flying and targeting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Outpost_Keating#/media/File:COP_Keating,_in_Nurestan.jpg

Red platoon was a good book I thought on it and pale horse has kind of the aviation perspective from a bn cdrs perspective. But pale horse is a lot more broad strokes over the deployment. 

On 11/10/2021 at 12:11 PM, kgillers3 said:

Let’s plan realistic missions that can only be done realistically in today’s political climate but then let’s also take off over max gross as a single ship without a major coming in to tell you the plan is now different the day of launch wrecking your 49 hours of coffee enraged planning based off of old intel for air threats.  🤔 can we pick a side of realism! Gosh

Next you'll tell me that people should be allowed to play DCS without first pretending to go through years of military training. Don't be ridiculous

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gnomechild said:

Next you'll tell me that people should be allowed to play DCS without first pretending to go through years of military training. Don't be ridiculous

It was sarcasm back at homie sayin the force on force stuff is pointless. 

Seemed pretty apparent with the ridiculous back and forth within my sarcastic post but I like the call out 

Edited by kgillers3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, kgillers3 said:

It was sarcasm back at homie sayin the force on force stuff is pointless. 

Seemed pretty apparent with the ridiculous back and forth within my sarcastic post but I like the call out 

Lol I was being sarcastic too. I thought that was obvious but I guess someone on this forum thinking you need pretend military training before playing a game isn't that far fetched

Edited by gnomechild

3 minutes ago, gnomechild said:

Lol I was being sarcastic too. I thought that was obvious but I guess someone on this forum thinking you need pretend military training before playing a game isn't that far fetched

@Remco and I literally got told that we wouldn’t say Tads on this forum! 

but I’m back with ya now ❤️

• Like 4

Being from a Cold War aviation unit stationed in Germany. I would honestly enjoy a campaign from that era or an adversary with todays military technology, of facing a modernised mechanised armoured unit of Russia or China. Back in the day, my unit was given less than 24 hours of combat effectiveness if the USSR decided to cross the East German border. It’s time DCS players faced a contemporary adversary and not some dude with an AK-47  

Edited by Rabies
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rabies said:

Being from a Cold War aviation unit stationed in Germany. I would honestly enjoy a campaign from that era or an adversary with todays military technology, of facing a modernised mechanised armoured unit of Russia or China. Back in the day, my unit was given less than 24 hours of combat effectiveness if the USSR decided to cross the East German border. It’s time DCS players faced a contemporary adversary and not some dude with an AK-47  

Couldn't agree more.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

On 11/10/2021 at 5:06 PM, vvm13 said:

The appearance of the Apaches in Georgia can mean only one thing - an attempt to repeat the 2008 war in new conditions. But this is also not realistic.

Well, to be honest this sounds like a really great and really interesting idea.

There are three levels of scenario realism

1) Unrealistic: soup of aircrafts and assets from different timeframes, unrealistic coalitions, fighting on different timeframe map in scenario impossible to happen. Like US Navy vs USAF in 2020 Map Strait of Hormuz...

2) Realistic: real life war with real life aircrafts and assets used historically on proper map - recreation of history. Like 1960s Vietnam war, 1950s Korean War, 1980s Iraq-Iran War, 1990s Desert Storm etc.

3) Plausible: coherent aircrafts and assets from one particular timeframe fighting in some plausible war/coalition on proper map. Like Cold War gone hot in Europe or, proposed by you, Apache in 2008 Georgian war.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually US Army sending 2008 Medium Combat Aviation Brigade with Apache Longbow battalion and Kiowa Warrior squadron in 2008 to help Georgia to fight off Russian invasion is quite plausible, like most other DCS campaigns we have i.e. Ka-50 campaigns in Georgia. And it sounds fun as hell! Really it's the best idea of Longbow Apache campaign i've heard so far.

Symmetrical opponent with tanks, SAM, AAA, aviation instead of some helpless insurgencies on the desert? check✅,

NATO vs. Soviets vibes? check✅,

proper war map, with complicated land relief favourable for helicopter operations? check✅,

proper war 2008 timeframe coherent with our Apache variant? check✅,

plausible scenario which could happen IRL with slightly different political calculation? check✅

Edited by bies
  • Like 6

On 11/12/2021 at 10:21 PM, bies said:

Well, to be honest this sounds like a really great and really interesting idea.

There are three levels of scenario realism

1) Unrealistic: soup of aircrafts and assets from different timeframes, unrealistic coalitions, fighting on different timeframe map in scenario impossible to happen. Like US Navy vs USAF in 2020 Map Strait of Hormuz...

2) Realistic: real life war with real life aircrafts and assets used historically on proper map - recreation of history. Like 1960s Vietnam war, 1950s Korean War, 1980s Iraq-Iran War, 1990s Desert Storm etc.

3) Plausible: coherent aircrafts and assets from one particular timeframe fighting in some plausible war/coalition on proper map. Like Cold War gone hot in Europe or, proposed by you, Apache in 2008 Georgian war.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually US Army sending 2008 Medium Combat Aviation Brigade with Apache Longbow battalion and Kiowa Warrior squadron in 2008 to help Georgia to fight off Russian invasion is quite plausible, like most other DCS campaigns we have i.e. Ka-50 campaigns in Georgia. And it sounds fun as hell! Really it's the best idea of Longbow Apache campaign i've heard so far.

Symmetrical opponent with tanks, SAM, AAA, aviation instead of some helpless insurgencies on the desert? check✅,

NATO vs. Soviets vibes? check✅,

proper war map, with complicated land relief favourable for helicopter operations? check✅,

proper war 2008 timeframe coherent with our Apache variant? check✅,

plausible scenario which could happen IRL with slightly different political calculation? check✅

And all scenarios can be just as fun 😀

It is a sim and sandbox.

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR