Preview of the F-16 throttle grip on the Orion base

MustangSally

13 hours ago, CybrSlydr said:

Will this be compatible with a Cougar stick or would I need a Winwing stick too?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

It's a throttle, nothing to do with a stick!!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 1 month later...

Winwing apparently already has some stock of F-16 Orion throttle arms and sticks, it will be released shortly (info from HOTAS/HOSAS/SIMPIT Discord). Might be already at reviewers.

IMG_8924.jpg

F16throttle.jpg

The surprising thing is F-16 stick franken add-on:

"now, the lower picture. you can see a some kind of attachment on the side sitck, that’s a additional hat and switches with a vibrating motors inside. It can be detached of course."

It transforms it to something similar to VKB, Virpil, modern Russian jet stick! With vibrating motor? How come the Orion base supports that? Will that be something you purchase separately, like Z-axis add-on for Super Libra, or will it be included, like the ministick in the A3xx Sidestick Grip?

F16 stickS2.jpg

F16 stickS.jpg

Tony409 (Winwing representative on Discord) wrote:

"I need to make sure everyone looking at pictures know about that little attachment. it’s an “addon” part with two extra hat with vibrating motors, it can be detached and then the side stick will be look like an F16 grip. We add a directional hat to MSL STEP, NWS switch so it’s no longer a simple press button, It provide more functionality"

Edited by Bwaze
  • Like 2

I don't think there is an official answer regarding F-16 throttle grip on Taurus. There was some indication on their Discord that it might be compatible with an extra attachment kit. 

But pricing of Winwing grips doesn't make much sense right now - complete throttles or complete sticks with bases cost about as much as just the throttle grips or just the joystick grip, since the grips aren't discounted:

Orion Throttle FA-18 (base and handles) $235.96

F/A-18 METAL THROTTLE HANDLES $215.95

Orion Joystick FA-18 (base and grip) $223.96

F/A-18 METAL JOYSTICK GRIP $215.95

Of course, buying complete HOTAS is even better deal, only $399.96 for everything, bases and grips. And shipping costs are also high for smaller items - shipping of complete Orion HOTAS set is about $80, but even shipping a single button is allegedly $50...

And I think this will not change much with release of new grips. So it will be almost just as expensive to buy whole new HOTAS set as buying just the F-16 stick and throttle grips (especially on sales like this one whis is ongoing from the beginning of December), and neither stick nor throttle grips are very easily interchangeable. Joystick grip is easier, but I don't think it's made to be plugged and unplugged on regular basis. 

As far as I have seen, yes. But you can check that in Winwing Shop before making an order. 

And I think buyers from USA should use FOX2STUDIO store:

https://fox2.wwsimstore.com/STORE

Instead of WWSIMSTORE:

https://www.wwsimstore.com/STORE

But I've read on Discord that there is nothing wrong with ordering from either of them. 

Edited by Bwaze

Its the same grip in all the pics. You will also be able to purchase the button addon. Whats not to understand?

3 hours ago, Bwaze said:

If you use the switches on the forward part of the throttle base for their labelled use, you don't operate them in afterburner, or even full military. 😛

ThrottlEbASE.jpg

Since the F-16 (basically) doesn't have any of the functions labelled for 3 leftmost switches, they are already repurposed for other functions 🤨🙂

2 hours ago, Irpus said:

F-26 has a hook emoji846.png

Inviato dal mio CPH2145 utilizzando Tapatalk

Which isn't used 99.9% of the time

Which isn't used 99.9% of the time
Ahah I just noticed that I wrote F-26 instead of 16...so maybe in a F-26 you use the hook more often!
Jokes aside, It Is apparently not very useful in the case of the F-16, I was only pointing out that such a switch is present in the real cockpit. But there are several switches that are not used often. In the real plane they are necessary but not so in a hotas.

Inviato dal mio CPH2145 utilizzando Tapatalk