Preview of the F-16 throttle grip on the Orion base

MustangSally

8 hours ago, Irpus said:

F-16 has a hook emoji846.png

Inviato dal mio CPH2145 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hence why I qualified my comment with "basically" (since it's a rare usage item) 😁.  For the F-18 I agree with your original comment, and I do tend to assign pre-takeoff functions to those and avoid T/O functions on the ones behind the throttle.  In the F-16 there aren't a lot of pre-takeoff functions that I want to assign, so refuel door/stores CAT end up on them (not heavy use, so even though they are more a pain to use, it's still worth it).

Winwing said on facebook that it becomes avaliable on january 20th. 

Im curious when it will be compatible with the taurus base

https://www.youtube.com/@Willdass

Setup: VPC Warbrd with TM F/A-18 stick on 10cm extension, Realsimulator FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra with F16SGRH grip, Winwing Super Taurus throttle, SimGears F-16 ICP, Winwing Combat and Take Off Panels, TM TPR Pendular Rudders,  3x TM Cougar MFD's, Simshaker Jetpad, Wacom Intuos S for OpenKneeboard.

PC: RTX 4090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64gb RAM 3600mhz, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2, Meta Quest Pro

19 minutes ago, BuzzU said:

I see it listed on their website now. Of course it's out of stock but was it in stock last night?

No, I think they hurried a bit with this "release" since one of the testers already started posting blurry photos. 🙂

I'm ready to buy this tonight but it's an F-16 throttle. I wish they would have labeled the switches for just the Viper.

A switch for wing fold, hook etc is just silly and a copout for WinWing. Not a deal breaker but i'm not happy about it. It would be like the Warthog HOTAS having a wing fold switch. How much flak would they have gotten for that?

Those AP switches on the Hornet throttle are similar.

Edited by BuzzU
  • Like 1

Buzz

I guess my heart is with the Hog. I'm getting a bit old for the fast paced fighters and the slow Hog suits me better. I realized it when talking about getting the Viper HOTAS. So, I just ordered another Warthog directly from Thrustmaster. I know it will be new with an unopened box. I don't trust businesses anymore. Especially, Amazon.

• Like 1

Buzz

4 hours ago, BuzzU said:

Two more reasons I bought a Warthog from Thrustmaster direct.

Made in America.

I ordered it 1 hour ago and it's already shipped and will be here Friday.

Thrustmaster is owned by Guillemot in France with the Hardware made in China.

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

7 hours ago, BuzzU said:

I'm ready to buy this tonight but it's an F-16 throttle. I wish they would have labeled the switches for just the Viper.

A switch for wing fold, hook etc is just silly and a copout for WinWing. Not a deal breaker but i'm not happy about it. It would be like the Warthog HOTAS having a wing fold switch. How much flak would they have gotten for that?

Those AP switches on the Hornet throttle are similar.

Maybe silly for you but definitley not silly for thousands of others!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MustangSally said:

Maybe silly for you but definitley not silly for thousands of others!

You don't think having a wing fold switch on a Viper controller is silly? How about a hook switch? A flap switch? Should I go on?

Maybe it's not silly? Useless might be a better word.

37 minutes ago, MustangSally said:

Thrustmaster is owned by Guillemot in France with the Hardware made in China.

When a Warthog controller is sold. Who gets the profit? I didn't know France owned the company. France is fine. Way better than China.

What's your connection with WinWing?

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

No connection to Winwing, just an extremely happy user.

• Like 1

Thrustmaster started as an American company in Oregon. Later it was sold to Guillermot a French company and they still own it.

A lot of companies have products made in China because they work cheap. That doesn't make them a Chinese company. You can't see the difference?

Buzz

Question for you VR users who use mouse buttons on your throttle for convenience….will you be able to map mouse/scroll wheel without interfering with any F-16 throttle functionality?…I’m not familiar with WinWing software or adaptability so apologies if this seems like a stupid question.

The throttle looks superb,I also like the fact I have the option to mount a Helo Collective grip as well as F/A-18 grip on same Orion base.

Patrick

mini.gif

The entire setup looks really good, and the price is not bad either. 

• Like 1

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

9 hours ago, BuzzU said:

Thrustmaster started as an American company in Oregon. Later it was sold to Guillermot a French company and they still own it.

A lot of companies have products made in China because they work cheap. That doesn't make them a Chinese company. You can't see the difference?

Yep I can see the difference and WW is head and shoulders above TM. Quality and programmability is streets ahead. Oh and I'm a former TM / Virpil owner.

24 minutes ago, MustangSally said:

Yep I can see the difference and WW is head and shoulders above TM. Quality and programmability is streets ahead. Oh and I'm a former TM / Virpil owner.

Good for you but I was talking to Panda. I thought we were done?

I'm glad you're happy with it. I wouldn't have been. Can we give our opinion without you standing up for WW?

I can give you a long list of reasons why I didn't buy from WW but they're only important to me.

Ok, i'm done here.

Buzz

14 minutes ago, BuzzU said:

Good for you but I was talking to Panda. I thought we were done?

I'm glad you're happy with it. I wouldn't have been. Can we give our opinion without you standing up for WW?

I can give you a long list of reasons why I didn't buy from WW but they're only important to me.

Ok, i'm done here.

See ya!

9 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

Question for you VR users who use mouse buttons on your throttle for convenience….will you be able to map mouse/scroll wheel without interfering with any F-16 throttle functionality?…I’m not familiar with WinWing software or adaptability so apologies if this seems like a stupid question.

The throttle looks superb,I also like the fact I have the option to mount a Helo Collective grip as well as F/A-18 grip on same Orion base.

Shouldn't be a problem, although I don't do it.  You can bind everything directly in DCS and skip the WW software for everything other than initial setup and calibration in a worst case. 

• Like 1