Huey pilots wanted this Sat 13th Nov

Talisman_VR

16 hours ago, Thumper1911 said:

I flew this with my buddy kickbxrr in a huey.   We had a good time.   I would like to do this with an f18 or an a10

Hi Thumper1911,

Glad you had a good time.  I flew the Huey and was disappointed.  😞

What did you do to have a good time?  What mission objectives did you achieve?

I did not find anything useful to do and ended up being shot down by Mig-15, lol.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR

Bell_UH-1 side.png

I flew the Huey myself, solo. It was certainly a little different then I am used to. The objective for the Huey was to go hunting for targets, and mark them on the F10 map for the bombers. It was cool initially, but what I found out in short time was that it was very difficult to fly about, start taking on enemy fire, and try to dodge all of that while heading into the f10 map to create a mark point, then type in a description without crashing. Initially,  went in with about 60% fuel and no guns. I did manage to make quite a few markings before I had to RTB for fuel. 

When I went back out for round 2, I decided to take door gunners for self defense. So off I went, and when I started to take some hits close by, I decided to cut the door gunners loose just to take out the immediate threat, and when I did ,the door gunner took out 1 gun right away, but then he just went stupid,,, as I watched the side of my Huey get chewed up hard, and the door gunner not even making an attempt to put a bead on anything, i figured he was out out of the game, even though his status was fine, I banked over hard to the other side to give that gunner a go,, and he just stared out in space?

I got out of there! I posted up in their forums and asked if the skill levels were set in the mission planner that way but did not get a response. I wont bother doing thta gain in there unless that changes. ALSO, if  I want to spot targets for Bombers in the future, I will only do it with a copilot so I can keep my head in the cockpit while someone else is in the F10 map marking.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

30 minutes ago, Fakum said:

I flew the Huey myself, solo. It was certainly a little different then I am used to. The objective for the Huey was to go hunting for targets, and mark them on the F10 map for the bombers. It was cool initially, but what I found out in short time was that it was very difficult to fly about, start taking on enemy fire, and try to dodge all of that while heading into the f10 map to create a mark point, then type in a description without crashing. Initially,  went in with about 60% fuel and no guns. I did manage to make quite a few markings before I had to RTB for fuel. 

When I went back out for round 2, I decided to take door gunners for self defense. So off I went, and when I started to take some hits close by, I decided to cut the door gunners loose just to take out the immediate threat, and when I did ,the door gunner took out 1 gun right away, but then he just went stupid,,, as I watched the side of my Huey get chewed up hard, and the door gunner not even making an attempt to put a bead on anything, i figured he was out out of the game, even though his status was fine, I banked over hard to the other side to give that gunner a go,, and he just stared out in space?

I got out of there! I posted up in their forums and asked if the skill levels were set in the mission planner that way but did not get a response. I wont bother doing thta gain in there unless that changes. ALSO, if  I want to spot targets for Bombers in the future, I will only do it with a copilot so I can keep my head in the cockpit while someone else is in the F10 map marking.

Thanks Fakum.  That is interesting.  I have no idea how to mark the F10 map in the first place, let alone do it while flying; also looks like we can only be effective with a co-pilot 😞

Shame we can't mark targets with smoke.

I had high hopes for this server, but so far it looks like the Huey missions not so good IMHO.

Happy landings,

Talisman 

Bell_UH-1 side.png

49 minutes ago, Thumper1911 said:

My partner and I flew around marking targets.   I always enjoy mp helicopters.   We stayed low and did not get shot down by migs.   But we got shot up good one time.

Good to hear Thumper1911.  Well done.

Sounds like I need a co-pilot who knows how to mark the F10 map.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

8 hours ago, Thumper1911 said:

I am often looking to fly with someone.  I am mountain time  

I have found out how to mark the F10 map and have now sorted out my SRS so that I can communicate with folks on MP.  🙂

I am GMT, which I believe is 7 hrs ahead of MT.   

I plan to fly the MVP Korea server again for the Saturday campaign later today, so will keep a lookout for you.

Happy landings,

Talisman 

Bell_UH-1 side.png

16 hours ago, Thumper1911 said:

I bought a mig 15 so I could start flying on there.

do you mostly fly on servers?

Very much like the Mig15, but not flown for a while because I recently got into the Huey.  I am very much a MP flyer and not much SP.

Like the Mig15 because it is not so easy to fly, has lots of quirks and is a bit of a beast, lol.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png