Cold start VDI is active

AH_Solid_Snake

Not sure if this is a bug but previously during cold starts the VDI would start in an inactive state while the alignment was running. When it finished and started showing the cow pats coming towards me it was a good visual cue that we’d switched over to nav.

Now the VDI is in that animated state from the moment I switch it on?

I've noticed the same behavior starting at least two OB release ago, not sure what was the number.
I'm even not sure it's a bug or not, but definitely for a pilot it was a good reference to understand if the alignment was completed or not. Personally sometime I miss the jester voice confirmation on "ready to taxi", and that was a good backup.

We have to wait a confirmation from heatblur or a real pilot on this.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Yeah I noticed this too, before it would just be completely black with only the heading tape and pitch ladder + horizon lines present, and then when the INS mode was set to nav, you'd see it fully, with the green sky and darker green ground with the animated whatever they are.

Now the latter is present from cold.

Hopefully HB will be able to clarify the correct behaviour.

As a side note, I noticed that at night, the angle-of-bank marks are illuminated red even with a cold and dark aircraft without power and with the VDI turned off.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 11/11/2021 at 3:46 AM, Maverick87Shaka said:

I'm even not sure it's a bug or not, but definitely for a pilot it was a good reference to understand if the alignment was completed or not. Personally sometime I miss the jester voice confirmation on "ready to taxi", and that was a good backup.

Put the HSD into TID Repeat and it'll show you the RIO's alignment gauge at the top, which references how far along the process the INS is. 

• 2 weeks later...

We reviewed the available sources and diagrams very carefully again, and we found that the data flow from the AHRS to the CSDC and then to the VDIG doesn't even need the WCS to be powered. In other words, when the INS is off, the VDIG (VDI + HUD) uses attitude and heading data from the backup source - the ARHS - which is always on.

• Thanks 2

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/