Syria is the only map the game crashes

Borderline

I've had issue in the past with DCS were the game crashed taking other application with it as well suggesting a ram issue; I activated trial period on Sirya and, when joining I see my ram being fully used (500 Mb free out of 32Gb) so I leave it loading until I have almost 9ish Gb free, but after a random time in the game close it self without any message and usually Discord is the only app that stops working with DCS.

dcs.20211109-215441.crash

• ED Team

Please post the full dcs.log not just the .crash the log will give us a bigger picture. 

If you have the crash zip folder it may also contain a track replay. 

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Please delete the C:\Users\bresc\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods folder and run repair

19 hours ago, Borderline said:

This?

The best option is a log without the "old" prefix
The next time the game crashes, please accept the offer to send a report packet to our server

• ED Team
20 hours ago, Borderline said:

I've had issue in the past with DCS were the game crashed taking other application with it as well suggesting a ram issue

This time there is also the possibility of a game crash for this reason. But I suggest we stop at clearing the game of unofficial mods for now.

45 minutes ago, maximov said:

Please delete the C:\Users\bresc\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods folder and run repair

The best option is a log without the "old" prefix
The next time the game crashes, please accept the offer to send a report packet to our server

Sorry, but nothing came up when the game crashed.

Deleting that folder will remove my SRS?

Edited by Borderline

• ED Team

It's funny, you have new errors in every new report.

2021-11-09 21:54:04.071 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Can't load image '/textures/HandyWind_Central_RoughMet.dds'. Reason: The request is not supported.
In the first ("old") dcs.log the crash was due to unofficial mod errors. Fixed it.

2021-11-09 22:26:57.749 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Failed to create shader resource view for /textures/mi-24p_ext03_RoughMet.dds. Reason: Not enough memory resources are available to complete this operation.
In the second log, the crash was caused by a RAM flaw.

2021-11-10 21:28:01.839 INFO    EDCORE: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
The game now requires an update of the C++ libraries.
Did you run the repair? The necessary C++ files must be installed during the repair. But you can try to update this Microsoft package yourself:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

I due repair It, bit It did not download anything. I Will try this.

Anyway, i was back testing the RAM issue: when starting DCS i have 27+ GB free; when i joined a Syria server the game was occupying 18.5 GB of ram (27-18.5=8.5) yet my free Ram was only 400~ Mb.

It this "normal" or am I missing something?

• ED Team
3 hours ago, Borderline said:

It this "normal...?"

The latest maps developed by ED (Syria, The Channel) are more detailed than the map of the Caucasus.
This requires a significant amount of memory. In addition, your computer must keep other players on the server in memory. That is, a significant consumption of memory when using modern maps in multiplayer is a normal phenomenon. But the remaining 400 MB is really too little to keep the game from falling. In this case, you can increase the swap file, reduce the graphics settings of the game or buy additional RAM modules.

5 minutes ago, maximov said:

The latest maps developed by ED (Syria, The Channel) are more detailed than the map of the Caucasus.
This requires a significant amount of memory. In addition, your computer must keep other players on the server in memory. That is, a significant consumption of memory when using modern maps in multiplayer is a normal phenomenon. But the remaining 400 MB is really too little to keep the game from falling. In this case, you can increase the swap file, reduce the graphics settings of the game or buy additional RAM modules.

thanks for the heads up, while buying more memory is not an option since I have all slot filled, I increased the swap file because otherwise I was notable to run DCS but how much would you recommend the swap file size to be? last question: can you tell what settings affects more RAM than other?

• ED Team

I saw a recommendation from programmers: if you have 32 GB of physical RAM, it is enough to have the swap file enabled. This is clearly not your case. 🙂
Try to add another 5-10 GB (swap file should preferably be placed on SSD). The game may freeze slightly at a critical moment, but it will not crash.

I tried the minimum settings of graphics + turned off all the shadows, effects, etc. I've tried putting maximum graphics settings (i7, 32GB RAM, 1660Ti, HDD - 5400rpm). I didn't notice a significant difference in single player. Considering that the main action for the pilot is in the sky, I would reduce the quality of shadows, terrain textures, smoke from pipes... Perhaps I'm just an undemanding player? Try experimenting with the settings yourself.