AV-8B N/A MANUAL CH 1-15

AlphaJuliet

Is this 1-15 manual good for printing or we are expecting changes soon? 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

7 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Is this 1-15 manual good for printing or we are expecting changes soon? 

AFAIK the manual is being rewritten and sections 1-15 are simply the "finished" part of a larger WIP manual.

IDK about soon, but am expecting additional sections covering weapons, etc. to be added plus a few section 1-15 minor corrections/revisions.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

3 hours ago, Ramsay said:

AFAIK the manual is being rewritten and sections 1-15 are simply the "finished" part of a larger WIP manual.

IDK about soon, but am expecting additional sections covering weapons, etc. to be added plus a few section 1-15 minor corrections/revisions.

I will wait then,  Appreciate the input

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 2 weeks later...
Il 30/8/2022 at 20:03, QuiGon ha scritto:

Any ETA on the release of the manual @baltic_dragon?

I don't think it is a BD choice, AFAIK Harrier has some fixes to do (especially in designation sistem), my guess is they are waiting for stuff to be correctly implemented before releasing the manual...

Will it take long?

We don't know... We jiust know that since a long time Harrier's update has slow down, maybe because they are too busy in F-15 right now...

AV-8 really need to be finished, in first place for the good name of Razbam that, I'm sorry to say, it is not a name that has a good reputation. 😞

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

24 minutes ago, Kappa said:

I don't think it is a BD choice, AFAIK Harrier has some fixes to do (especially in designation sistem), my guess is they are waiting for stuff to be correctly implemented before releasing the manual...

Will it take long?

We don't know... We jiust know that since a long time Harrier's update has slow down, maybe because they are too busy in F-15 right now...

AV-8 really need to be finished, in first place for the good name of Razbam that, I'm sorry to say, it is not a name that has a good reputation. 😞

Then I will forward my question to @myHelljumper or anyone else at RAZBAM: What's the status on the new manual and when can we expect it?

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's probably been given up on as a nice shiny new plane is on the horizon. It's utterly shameful of Razbam to still not have a complete and full manual for this module and it's also quite poor of ED to allow them to get away with it. The module has been out for how long now? And it's also been out of early access for some time and yet still not a complete manual. I'm shocked by how many buyers are so easily satisfied by the incomplete product. 

nullImage

• Like 4

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

3 hours ago, Konovalov said:

It's probably been given up on as a nice shiny new plane is on the horizon. It's utterly shameful of Razbam to still not have a complete and full manual for this module and it's also quite poor of ED to allow them to get away with it. The module has been out for how long now? And it's also been out of early access for some time and yet still not a complete manual. I'm shocked by how many buyers are so easily satisfied by the incomplete product. 

nullImage

Enjoying what we have =/= easily satisfied.

When Baltic Dragon announced on twitter about the MudHen manual I asked him about the Harrier manual, no response so far. So yeah, dissapointed but not surprised.

Also he should take a look at some of the training missions since they are outdated with all the new changes.

• Like 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So does this mean that there will be no new Harrier manual? I'm actually really confused on what's going on here and why none of the people involved says a single word on the matter. It's not a great way to deal with your customers @RAZBAM...

• Like 4

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, Vakarian said:

IIRC Baltic said that Harrier manual is on hold until features that are WiP are fixed, that's why he's focusing on Mudhen for now

Thanks, that's exactly the kind of information I'm looking for. If that's true then that's fine with me, so it would be great if anyone from RAZBAM could confirm this? Or can you link the source for this information @Vakarian?

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Tornado3 small.jpg

41 minutes ago, Vakarian said:

I received a similar response by Baltic Dragen to my question on Facebook yesterday;

"Harrier on hold as more changes are planned. I will finish it when these are implemented, hate to do same things several times over"

Good to know that more Harrier updates are coming, I think.

• Like 2

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

I will be honestly surprised if this thing ever gets to a state when BD can finish the manual and the training missions. I've owned it for 4 years now and haven't gotten into it because the training missions are broken, the manual non-existent, and things keep changing, now and then. There really isn't a good stated reason why this hasn't been brought up to release standards (to match its release status) except, presumably, a lack of will. I know lots of people love it and consider it a favourite. I don't have the time or desire to relearn modules, so it isn't for me.

My perception is that this is a pattern with Razbam and so I've bought my last RB module. If the map ever gets to a universally respected state I might eventually pick that up. I only wish Razbam actually read these forums so they might see how their approach is perceived by some of us.

Meh, whatever. There are so many modules out, coming, and promised - far too many to lose any sleep over one. 

• Like 6

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

On 10/26/2022 at 3:18 PM, Vakarian said:

Thanks, that's all I needed to know! 👍

That's perfectly fine and understandable that the Harrier manual is on hold due to incoming module changes, so I'm even more baffled why RAZBAM doesn't communicate that here. It would prevent a lot of headache from worring and wondering what is going on. :dunno:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 3

Tornado3 small.jpg

13 hours ago, Iron Sights said:

I know it was updated by Chuck on 7/31, may not be the latest but better than nothing.

Where can I find that?

Tornado3 small.jpg

26 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Where can I find that?

The usual location with all of Chuck's other guides

• Thanks 2

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

2 minutes ago, Ramsay said:

The usual location with all of Chuck's other guides

Oh, nvm, I haven't noticed you're talking about chucks guides...
I thought this was about the official RAZBAM manual. My bad.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hello Lads,

Here to give a quick heads up on the official manual.
As it was said above, @baltic_dragon has paused his work on the manual while we rework the designation system of the AV8B.

As a workaround, I direct you towards this forum or our Discord for help, towards the Chuck's guide that is regularly updated by the stellar @Charly_Owl who I would like to thank on behalf of Razbam Simulations for his relentless work for the community despite the constant flow of changes this module is getting through, and towards the most recent Youtube tutorials made by the community.

As features are changed or added, I'll make clarification/explanation posts in this forum.

I know I've not been active a lot on ED's forums since this summer, I will commit more around here to make sure that informations are properly broadcasted to you guys, and bugs reported and investigated.

We are aware that having a full fidelity module released without a proper official and exhaustive manual is not acceptable, and we're working with the resources we have to deliver it to you guys as soon as we can. 

Cheers,

A.J.

Edited by AlphaJuliet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 13