AV-8B N/A MANUAL CH 1-15

AlphaJuliet

2 minutes ago, AlphaJuliet said:

Hello Lads,

Here to give a quick heads up on the official manual.
As it was said above, @baltic_dragon has paused his work on the manual while we rework the designation system of the AV8B.

As a workaround, I direct you towards this forum or our Discord for help, towards the Chuck's guide that is regularly updated by the stellar @Charly_Owl that I would like to thank on behalf of Razbam Simulations for his relentless work for the community despite the constant flow of changes this module is getting through, and towards the most recent Youtube tutorials made by the community.

As features are changed or added, I'll make clarification/explanation posts in this forum.

I know I've not been active a lot on ED's forums since this summer, I will commit more around here to make sure that intels are properly broadcasted to you guys, and bugs reported and investigated.

We are aware that having a full fidelity module released without a proper official and exhaustive manual is not acceptable, and we're working with the resources we have to deliver it to you guys as soon as we can. 

Cheers,

A.J.

Thank you, appreciate it! 👍

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 11/1/2022 at 4:31 PM, AlphaJuliet said:

Hello Lads,

As it was said above, @baltic_dragon has paused his work on the manual while we rework the designation system of the AV8B.

As a workaround, I direct you towards this forum or our Discord for help, towards the Chuck's guide that is regularly updated by the stellar @Charly_Owl that I would like to thank on behalf of Razbam Simulations for his relentless work for the community despite the constant flow of changes this module is getting through, and towards the most recent Youtube tutorials made by the community.

As features are changed or added, I'll make clarification/explanation posts in this forum.

I know I've not been active a lot on ED's forums since this summer, I will commit more around here to make sure that intels are properly broadcasted to you guys, and bugs reported and investigated.

We are aware that having a full fidelity module released without a proper official and exhaustive manual is not acceptable, and we're working with the resources we have to deliver it to you guys as soon as we can. 

Cheers,

A.J.

I want to join Alpha in thanking Chuck/Charly_Owl for his guides that are a invaluable help for the community.

Edited by myHelljumper
  • Like 4

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

may I kindly ask what is the latest/most up to date documentation on the Harrier? Is it Chucks (as of 31/07/22) or are there more recent updates to other sources (and where to find).

Thank you!

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

3 hours ago, Hiob said:

Hello Guys,

may I kindly ask what is the latest/most up to date documentation on the Harrier? Is it Chucks (as of 31/07/22) or are there more recent updates to other sources (and where to find).

Thank you!

See here (AlphaJuliet is RAZBAMs community manager):

Hello Lads,

As a workaround, I direct you towards this forum or our Discord for help, towards the Chuck's guide that is regularly updated by the stellar @Charly_Owl who I would like to thank on behalf of Razbam Simulations for his relentless work for the community despite the constant flow of changes this module is getting through, and towards the most recent Youtube tutorials made by the community.

I know I've not been active a lot on ED's forums since this summer, I will commit more around here to make sure that informations are properly broadcasted to you guys, and bugs reported and investigated.

Cheers,

A.J.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

See here (AlphaJuliet is RAZBAMs community manager):

Sorry, I read the date wrong in your first post on this page. Stupid me (and stupid imperial dates 😅)

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Rhinozherous said:

Is this still a thing or dead? 

Thank you 

See here:

Hello Lads,

As a workaround, I direct you towards this forum or our Discord for help, towards the Chuck's guide that is regularly updated by the stellar @Charly_Owl who I would like to thank on behalf of Razbam Simulations for his relentless work for the community despite the constant flow of changes this module is getting through, and towards the most recent Youtube tutorials made by the community.

I know I've not been active a lot on ED's forums since this summer, I will commit more around here to make sure that informations are properly broadcasted to you guys, and bugs reported and investigated.

Cheers,

A.J.

• Thanks 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

I can't find anything in the manual (as the detailed EW page is still not added it seems?) - but is there a way to get rid of the lollypops in the HUD when the EW is turned on?

Yes, it's annoying as hell to me too, but apparently the Harrier lacks the option to remove them from the HUD. :sad:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

37 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

How?

Well, this was a while ago. I edited a file called "HUD_RWR.lua" and it worked well. However, I shelved trying to learn the Harrier when it became apparent that Razbam had moved on to other things and has very little interest in finishing the Harrier even to a point where a proper manual can be written.

I just checked and they have, of course, changed the file structure and this file doesn't exist anymore. So I cannot even check which values I changed vs the original ones. There is now a file called HUD_RWR_Base.lua  which you might have a look at and try modifying to get rid of the lollipops. I'm not going to dive into it since it could well change again in a matter of months.

Good luck.

• Thanks 3

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, wowbagger said:

But it won't pass the IC, which makes it non-usable for me as I only fly MP. Also, if this was not an option on the real jet, then I don't want to keep it realistic and not have it as an option in DCS, although it sucks.

But thanks anyways 👍

Tornado3 small.jpg

17 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

But it won't pass the IC ...

Ya, unless it comes from Razbam, there's no way to do this that will ever pass IC. 

Best you can do is limit the number of them, from the EW page.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

2 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Ya, unless it comes from Razbam, there's no way to do this that will ever pass IC. 

Best you can do is limit the number of them, from the EW page.

Agreed, the limit function is the only MP safe way.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Has RAZBAM said they would implement turning off the lollipops on the HUD on the Harrier?

Both the AV-8B and the F/A-18C use the AN/ALR-67 Radar Warning Receiver. Both are from McDonnell Douglas. Both are procured through the Department of the Navy. In the Hornet you can turn the lollipops off of the HUD by going to a DDI, access the EW page and simply boxing [HUD] and bingo, gone. 

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

Hello Lads,

Hello A.J., is there any news concerning the rebuild of the designation system/logic? Thank you

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2023 at 12:22 PM, kikimora said:

Hello A.J., is there any news concerning the rebuild of the designation system/logic? Thank you

I guess, the answer is no. As they would have posted them already if there were any news - as they always claim. So no news, no progress...

But I'd like to bump this thread anyways - to still raise awareness to the fact that there are still people eagerly waiting.

(I know that asking these kind of questions is considered inpolite - but so is this kind of "ghosting".)

• Like 2

I have been wanting to learn this module since v2 but there has always been something either done to it or needing doing or about to be done etc etc and now I have time to do it and come along to see what's happening, as the tutorial missions were made 'n' years ago, and not to my liking in any case (I prefer to use a good manual and proper, dev produced tutorial videos such as ED/Wags do if they exist - I don't trust 3rd party fan videos and don't think I should have to, anyway) and see that after all this time there is still not even a fairly recent manual available?

Very poor - I mean very poor. There is no excuse - it's an essential item in any module and I will act with my wallet. Really disgusted that this is still an issue - and adding more to the module is absolutely no excuse. ED managed it with the Hornet and leaving space to add the stuff that would come later. Also explains why my pictorial guide was so popular, which was a real surprise.

I don't usually come on forums knocking developers at all - but there's a first time for everything, and this is inexcusable and has made me that angry.

Said my piece. I'll check back in another few years (during which time my money will go elsewhere) - if I can still fly sims then, with my deteriorating condition. Not happy.

• Like 9

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Hi,
It would be good if you made a statement about the development of the Harrier here: Is the module now finished or are there more features to be added? When will the manual for the Harrier continue?

• Like 5

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I logged in to the RAZBAM Discord server. Because I'm interested in what happens next with the Harrier. Since I can't understand why you can't post this here in the official DCS forum, I'll just be so cheeky and post the official statements here (or are they state secrets...?):nullnull

null

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!