Apache profile using Helios for a second monitor

sobe

1 hour ago, hreich said:

I managed to start your profile, but i am missing monitor file for DCS ah64, can you please share? If i use sobe AresDual V1, i got screens exported to my second monitor, but i cant push the buttons IE(nothing happens) and also mfd left and right export are also shown on my main screen  

This is the monitor config I am using right now - it's a temporary one which breaks a bunch of other things to get the currently malfunctioning Apache monitors to work. I set it all up manually rather than using Helios to manage the monitors, again because this is temporary and I'm hoping I can build something that is more functional and doesn't break other modules after ED releases a fix.

My setup is a 1440x2560 main game monitor with a 1080x1920 touchscreen below. If yours is different you'll need to adjust viewport placement. 

6 hours ago, =LD=Icer said:

@Bunny Clark, any idea why I am getting the error above with your interface?

Something in your Profile is looking for a "DCS NAH-64D" Interface. I don't know what that is, but it's not mine. 

Helios Touch.lua

54 minutes ago, Bunny Clark said:

This is the monitor config I am using right now - it's a temporary one which breaks a bunch of other things to get the currently malfunctioning Apache monitors to work. I set it all up manually rather than using Helios to manage the monitors, again because this is temporary and I'm hoping I can build something that is more functional and doesn't break other modules after ED releases a fix.

My setup is a 1440x2560 main game monitor with a 1080x1920 touchscreen below. If yours is different you'll need to adjust viewport placement. 

Something in your Profile is looking for a "DCS NAH-64D" Interface. I don't know what that is, but it's not mine. 

Helios Touch.luaUnavailable

Ok, new profile, Installed DCS Monitor Interface (did not do that before), Installed AH-64D Interface, copied the two MFD screens from Apache Duel V1.hpf on a second instance of Helios Profile Editor over, saved and it now works great. I have the Gunner's MFDs on my small screens, the Pilots on the main screen for now.. just need to set up the TM MFD bezels.

Edited by =LD=Icer

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Update to my profile:

Added Armament Panel for the Pilot and Master Caution and Warning panel for the CPG, added new illuminated buttons for the Armament and Caution and Warning panels, made the page select buttons on the MFDs bigger, added screws to the various panels I grabbed from DCS textures and were missing them, and I fixed a issue with the CPG EUFD rockers.

Screenshot 2022-03-28 171648.jpg

Screenshot 2022-03-28 171717.jpg

Bunnys AH-64 Profile.zip

• Like 3

Thanks to Bunnys profile,I adapt it to my equipment.As for PLT,I hidden the KU to get more space to MFDS and EUFD.But for the lastest version Helios,changging pannels is very slow,sometimes just losing response,unless I minimize the DCS...

微信图片_20220329091729.jpg

微信图片_20220329091742.jpg

微信图片_20220329091749.jpg

• Like 1

Man this sometimes looks so complicated...If any of you has a time to create short guide - what to put where, what to open in helios and what to import where it would help us  noobs.. I last used F14 cpt zeen profile for my f14 and it worked fine, but it didnt require so much steps to do..I am using two screeens my left is main 1920x1080 and tablet to the right is used as second 1920x1080

For now i managed to get exported screens to my tablet, but i cant get keypresses to register (when i press any other button i only have my cockpit view to move, and only buttons that work are kneeboard open/close and next/prev page...Any other button doesnt work, it just sends numpad number key to dcs which just moves my cockpit view around (for example key 2 on KBU just moves my cockpit view to bottom)...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Hello.
Those of us who have arrived a little late to the thread are a bit lost with the procedure to follow the files to install (in the thread there are several versions depending on the evolution).

Like @hreich, I would appreciate a summary of the current valid files and installation procedure, where only the adaptation of the monitors that each one has is necessary.

Thanks for your patience.

• Like 2

Helios isn't, unfortunately, 100% plug and play. It does require a tiny bit of setup stuff.  If you put Helios DCS setup into youtube you'll get the basic bits.  

Beyond that for any aircraft you need two things; a profile and an interface (or a profile that uses the basic helios interface).

AH-64D interface is in this post, and it goes in \Users\YOUR USER\Documents\Helios\Interfaces\

Most recent version of Bunny's profile is here, and it goes in \Users\YOUR USER\Documents\Helios\Profiles\

Edited by Scaley
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Flankersea said:

Thanks to Bunnys profile,I adapt it to my equipment.As for PLT,I hidden the KU to get more space to MFDS and EUFD.But for the lastest version Helios,changging pannels is very slow,sometimes just losing response,unless I minimize the DCS...

Hey Flankersea, could you share your profile too? Curious as to how you hide the keyboard and the viewport for the KU? is that possible?

4 hours ago, Scaley said:

Helios isn't, unfortunately, 100% plug and play. It does require a tiny bit of setup stuff.  If you put Helios DCS setup into youtube you'll get the basic bits.  

Beyond that for any aircraft you need two things; a profile and an interface (or a profile that uses the basic helios interface).

AH-64D interface is in this post, and it goes in \Users\YOUR USER\Documents\Helios\Interfaces\

Most recent version of Bunny's profile is here, and it goes in \Users\YOUR USER\Documents\Helios\Profiles\

Ok thanks - i loaded profile from this post and while using reset monitors i have 4 monitors in OLD  and 2 minitors in new (my setup)...How to disable 2 extra monitors?  And what is correct monitor.lua file with this  bunny setup? Why the screens are exported only in copliot seat? And why the buttons dont work?

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I think a lot of the confusion here is that there are three things going on at once right now:

1) The DCS Apache has bugged monitor exports. I've gotten around the problem for now by disabling the CPG screen exports in favor of correctly showing the Pilot screens, but this method potentially breaks other modules. Without putzing with the display init.lua files and your monitor config, you will only ever see the CPG screens, as they are drawn on top of the Pilot screens. For this to really start working well will require a fix from ED.

2) The current build of Helios does not support the Apache. I have created a new Interface file for the Apache which serves as a translation system between Helios and DCS for things like button presses, axis positions, and indicator lights. These files are normally installed with Helios and available right away, but because this is all new, you need to download my Interface file and copy it into your Helios install directory. I have submitted my work upstream to Helios, so it should hopefully be included with the next update and save people from having to do this step. 

3)  I shared my profile for people to use and modify how they like. This should be installable like any other Helios profile, but it does require the Interface from Point 2 to function properly. If you want display exports from DCS to work with it, you'll also have to solve Point 1. This adds a few additional steps beyond what normally is required to get a profile installed and working.

Cptn Zeen has some great tutorials for Helios on his YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH3vOMBzNRnTliVQmhhrjng/videos

The Helios User Guide also has some great info for creating and modifying profiles: https://github.com/HeliosVirtualCockpit/Helios/blob/master/Helios/Docs/Helios Release 1.4 Users Guide.pdf

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scaley said:

You say you installed the profile.  Did you also install the interface file DCS.AH-64D.hif.json ?

Yes, i added it in the folder "interfaces" through windows explorer...Is there another procedure to install interface? Do i first have to add interface thorugh Helios proile editor and the open helios profile file and do the reset monitors - because it says it will owerwrite current profile?...

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

49 minutes ago, hreich said:

Yes, i added it in the folder "interfaces" through windows explorer...Is there another procedure to install interface? Do i first have to add interface thorugh Helios proile editor and the open helios profile file and do the reset monitors - because it says it will owerwrite current profile?...

Hi, looking into the PDF from this post helped me a lot to install everything. Esp. the part about the DCS.AH-64D.hif.json. I missed that all the previous times. I can now see the pilot's mfds finally

5 hours ago, hreich said:

@hreich, in the Helios Profile Editor click Profile in the title bar menu, the select "+ Add Interface". A window should show as in the pic... 

Helios Ad Interface.jpg

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

hace 9 horas, Tobur dijo:

Hi, looking into the PDF from this post helped me a lot to install everything. Esp. the part about the DCS.AH-64D.hif.json. I missed that all the previous times. I can now see the pilot's mfds finally

Can you indicate which PDF you are referring to?

I still don't see the MDF of the pilot, only those of the CPG are shown

Edited by PierPaolo

I wanted to shout out a big thank you for Bunny Clark's hard work!

I only started diving into the creator's side of DCS Helios around 1-2 weeks ago and the AH-64D is my first Helios profile.
Even though I started with Capt Zeen's Generic Interface, which helped me learn some basics, I had to migrate to Bunny's interface due to 200 Pushbutton-Limit and two-seater multiplayer. His interface also helped me understand some new/unexposed parameters and arguments. And with the switch to lua-interface and more research I got to learn more dependencies and workflows.

So I added/extended the NVS switch data, as well as switching around some on and off states as my mode-selector buttons were already in the "opposite" positions from the generic way of things.

I hope it doesn't look bad netiquette or a shameless plug. But all of these profiles stem from our current MFD-render challenge and interface, be that bunny's lua or another:
Thank you once again for your hard work and accelerating our progress along the way. I am sure preferences and tastes differ in the user-base for all sorts of profiles and directions. The more the better.

I hope this additional, more visual/streamlined flavour of a Helios-Profile. Plus the detailed installation explanations and handling, dcs-update, helios-profile-update etc. described in the readme.pdf of my helios profile release. Also somewhat give something back to the community. Should the direct topic-link bother anyone - Let me know and I'll remove the link.

The whole MFD, and manual-profile handling and best practices are explained in full detail. Even if you happen to not try or use my profile.
Maybe read up on the readme at least. It should explain everything.

Please note that my version of Bunny's Lua interface JSON is slightly modified and not interchangeable. (Just in case)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/942351215424065556/958770945022111754/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/942351215424065556/958771219375722577/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/942351215424065556/958771805097705482/unknown.png

Changelog:

v 0.0.4

-
Extended LUA interface and profile with NVS switch
- Added IHADSS PLT Video Panel
- Added Master Warn/Caution Indicator/Push-Lights for PLT & CPG
- Added Armaments Panel for PLT & CPG
- Implemented transparency and cut-out panels for custom
   background color and reduced contrast/eye-strain

Coming soon: INT/EXT Lights panel, CMWS panel, COMMS panel etc.

What to do after a DCS-Update?

Usually you only need to re-copy/replace the MFD init files in instruction step 1.4.

What to do after TouchPit Update from 0.0.2 onwards?

Preferably ignore or delete as v 0.0.3 onwards uses a separate profile and lua-interface without “mods” file and folder.

What to do after TouchPit Update from 0.0.3 onwards?

Just re-copy/replace your new DCS.AH-64D.hif.json:

Helios_AH-64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit_v_0.0.X\patch_files\interfaces\DCS.AH-64D.hif.json

to:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Helios\Interfaces

and re-copy/replace your new:

Helios_AH-64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit_v_0.0.X\patch_files\profile\AH64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit.hpf

to:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Helios\Profiles\AH64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit.hpf

Don’t forget to re-open/re-save in Helios Editor and complete pending configs and setups.
As usual all of these instructions can also be found in the current readme provided.

Enjoy! 🙂

Edited by osram
  • Like 2

Flankersea

I am trying to duplicate your profile but I am having trouble with the monitor config file.  Could you please attach your monitor config file?

Thanks

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

19 hours ago, osram said:

I wanted to shout out a big thank you for Bunny Clark's hard work!

I only started diving into the creator's side of DCS Helios around 1-2 weeks ago and the AH-64D is my first Helios profile.
Even though I started with Capt Zeen's Generic Interface, which helped me learn some basics, I had to migrate to Bunny's interface due to 200 Pushbutton-Limit and two-seater multiplayer. His interface also helped me understand some new/unexposed parameters and arguments. And with the switch to lua-interface and more research I got to learn more dependencies and workflows.

So I added/extended the NVS switch data, as well as switching around some on and off states as my mode-selector buttons were already in the "opposite" positions from the generic way of things.

I hope it doesn't look bad netiquette or a shameless plug. But all of these profiles stem from our current MFD-render challenge and interface, be that bunny's lua or another:
Thank you once again for your hard work and accelerating our progress along the way. I am sure preferences and tastes differ in the user-base for all sorts of profiles and directions. The more the better.

I hope this additional, more visual/streamlined flavour of a Helios-Profile. Plus the detailed installation explanations and handling, dcs-update, helios-profile-update etc. described in the readme.pdf of my helios profile release. Also somewhat give something back to the community. Should the direct topic-link bother anyone - Let me know and I'll remove the link.

The whole MFD, and manual-profile handling and best practices are explained in full detail. Even if you happen to not try or use my profile.
Maybe read up on the readme at least. It should explain everything.

Please note that my version of Bunny's Lua interface JSON is slightly modified and not interchangeable. (Just in case)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/942351215424065556/958770945022111754/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/942351215424065556/958771219375722577/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/942351215424065556/958771805097705482/unknown.png

Changelog:

v 0.0.4

-
Extended LUA interface and profile with NVS switch
- Added IHADSS PLT Video Panel
- Added Master Warn/Caution Indicator/Push-Lights for PLT & CPG
- Added Armaments Panel for PLT & CPG
- Implemented transparency and cut-out panels for custom
   background color and reduced contrast/eye-strain

Coming soon: INT/EXT Lights panel, CMWS panel, COMMS panel etc.

What to do after a DCS-Update?

Usually you only need to re-copy/replace the MFD init files in instruction step 1.4.

What to do after TouchPit Update from 0.0.2 onwards?

Preferably ignore or delete as v 0.0.3 onwards uses a separate profile and lua-interface without “mods” file and folder.

What to do after TouchPit Update from 0.0.3 onwards?

Just re-copy/replace your new DCS.AH-64D.hif.json:

Helios_AH-64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit_v_0.0.X\patch_files\interfaces\DCS.AH-64D.hif.json

to:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Helios\Interfaces

and re-copy/replace your new:

Helios_AH-64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit_v_0.0.X\patch_files\profile\AH64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit.hpf

to:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Helios\Profiles\AH64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit.hpf

Don’t forget to re-open/re-save in Helios Editor and complete pending configs and setups.
As usual all of these instructions can also be found in the current readme provided.

Enjoy! 🙂

Osram thanks...I just did everything per pdf file that you mention. Superb and clean explanation in there..But i dont see any exported screens on my right screen tablet (after using reset monitors i changed your profile from 2 monitors (one below another) to my two screen setup main screen left, and exported one on my right second monitor)...But all i get is this: main screen is streched through 2 monitors, keypresses on tablet works and sends to dcs pressed keys (so great bonus there finally after three days experimenting!!) , but no exported screens on my tablet. I did selected correct lua monitor file inside dcs... see attached pic  image.png

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Your monitor setup file generated by the profile Editor should be: H_AH64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit.lua when using "separate" DCS monitor setup mode. Also that name needs to be used in DCS system/video settings. The lua monitor file should also contain AH64_Left/RightPLT/CPG_MFD etc. entries. for the TEDAC and KU as well. Is that the case?

Yes i selected H_AH64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit.lua and my settings are 

_  = function(p) return p end
name = _('H_AH64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit')
description = 'Generated from Helios Profile AH64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit'
AH64_CPG_KU = { x = 2640, y = 640, width = 480, height = 60 }
AH64_LEFT_CPG_MFD = { x = 2000, y = 80, width = 480, height = 480 }
AH64_LEFT_PLT_MFD = { x = 2000, y = 80, width = 480, height = 480 }
AH64_PLT_KU = { x = 2640, y = 640, width = 480, height = 60 }
AH64_RIGHT_CPG_MFD = { x = 3280, y = 80, width = 480, height = 480 }
AH64_RIGHT_PLT_MFD = { x = 3280, y = 80, width = 480, height = 480 }
AH64_TEDAC = { x = 2640, y = 80, width = 480, height = 480 }
Viewports = {
  Center = {
    x = 0,
    y = 0,
    width = 1920,                                                              --this i changed from 3840*1080  3.5555555559 because it streched my main screen 
    height = 1080,
    aspect = 1.77777777777778,
    dx = 0,
    dy = 0
  }
}
UI = { x = 0, y = 0, width = 1920, height = 1080 }
UIMainView = UI
GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Just a quick info - i have KU screen export visible on my tablet, and when switching to CPG i see only central TEDAC display....No left no right MFD for pilot or copilot...What am i missing here?  Maybe i dont have some lua files for left and right MFD in mods folder? Because last 4 days i was trying to get different helios profile form this forum to work, maybe i copied something that messed l and r mfd screens?

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia