Apache profile using Helios for a second monitor

sobe

1 hour ago, Bunny Clark said:

The texture files have everything, what are you using to open them?

Ah, you are right. I finally installed the Nvidia DDS plugin for photoshop and can see the textures a lot better than IrfanView was showing. Thanks!

• Like 2

Bunny

Are your unlock button  correct?  The up and down buttons seem to be the same.

Button UNLOCK DN.png

Button UNLOCK UP.png

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

1 hour ago, sobe said:

Are your unlock button  correct?  The up and down buttons seem to be the same.

Down is darker. 

I build it in Helios using a clickable indicator object, which uses 4 button images: an "on" up and down, which is what you posted, and an "off" up and down, which use the blank button images.

Bunny

I am still having issues with the tail wheel light on appearance.  I have the Input action CPG WHEEL UNLOCK LIGHT CHANGED bound to TOGGLE INDICATOR and in the OUTPUT, I have the pushed and released bindings bound to push and release CPG TAIL WHEEL pushed and released actions.  Yet the button does not change color. 

output.png

input.png

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

6 hours ago, Jusif said:

Bunny,

Any idea if we have access to the CMWS viewport for an export to use with Helios?

Not by default, and I didn't add that to my monitor export guide files, but it is possible. 

Go to \Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\ASE\CMWS and open the CMWS_init.lua file and add the following text to it:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("AH64_CMWS")

Then you'll have AH64_CMWS available as a viewport. Or you can name it whatever you want. 

5 hours ago, sobe said:

Bunny

I am still having issues with the tail wheel light on appearance.  I have the Input action CPG WHEEL UNLOCK LIGHT CHANGED bound to TOGGLE INDICATOR and in the OUTPUT

Derp. The indicator should be assigned to the "Set Indicator" field and not "Toggle Indicator." Looks like I screwed that up on both the Pilot and CPG Tailwheel buttons. 

1 hour ago, Bunny Clark said:

Not by default, and I didn't add that to my monitor export guide files, but it is possible. 

Go to \Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\ASE\CMWS and open the CMWS_init.lua file and add the following text to it:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("AH64_CMWS")

Then you'll have AH64_CMWS available as a viewport. Or you can name it whatever you want. 

Derp. The indicator should be assigned to the "Set Indicator" field and not "Toggle Indicator." Looks like I screwed that up on both the Pilot and CPG Tailwheel buttons. 

Wonderful. I did run into an issue with the PLT and CPG using the KU at the same time. I think we need a PLT_KU and a CPG_KU hack if possible like we have for the MPCDs. Is that an easy update/patch?

25 minutes ago, Jusif said:

Wonderful. I did run into an issue with the PLT and CPG using the KU at the same time. I think we need a PLT_KU and a CPG_KU hack if possible like we have for the MPCDs. Is that an easy update/patch?

There's only one display window in DCS for the KU. I believe that's very intentional, from what I understand the real Apache always displays the same thing on both Pilot and CPG KU scratch pads. You can even use it to send each other text messages. 

42 minutes ago, Bunny Clark said:

There's only one display window in DCS for the KU. I believe that's very intentional, from what I understand the real Apache always displays the same thing on both Pilot and CPG KU scratch pads. You can even use it to send each other text messages. 

Ahh, interesting. However, the module is allowing the PLT and the CPG to input different messages at the same time. The viewports overlay on top of each other and make it painful to read. Try it!

Bunny

I tried your suggestion of: "The indicator should be assigned to the "Set Indicator" field and not "Toggle Indicator." Looks like I screwed that up on both the Pilot and CPG Tailwheel buttons. " but it did not seem to make a difference. 

On the CPG comm panel, is there a reason that the two Ident buttons  (lines 2 and 3) and the voc button on the 3rd line have no actions or binding while the Pilot comm panel do?

BTW, in my Helios setup, I have two difference Key panels

AH64_CPG_KU = { x = 2640, y = 647, width = 480, height = 60 }

AH64_PLT_KU = { x = 2640, y = 647, width = 480, height = 60 }

42 minutes ago, sobe said:

Bunny

I tried your suggestion of: "The indicator should be assigned to the "Set Indicator" field and not "Toggle Indicator." Looks like I screwed that up on both the Pilot and CPG Tailwheel buttons. " but it did not seem to make a difference. 

On the CPG comm panel, is there a reason that the two Ident buttons  (lines 2 and 3) and the voc button on the 3rd line have no actions or binding while the Pilot comm panel do?

BTW, in my Helios setup, I have two difference Key panels

AH64_CPG_KU = { x = 2640, y = 647, width = 480, height = 60 }

AH64_PLT_KU = { x = 2640, y = 647, width = 480, height = 60 }

Interesting. How were you able to export two different KU viewports?

Jusif

See the profile made by Oze.  There are seperate Lua lines for each KU in his interface I believe.

Edited by sobe

9 hours ago, sobe said:

Bunny

Wow, I really screwed that up. The On and Off appearance images are also switched. I'll try to get an update out soon with that fixed (plus more functioning panels), or you can swap them yourself pretty easily. 

I'm not sure what you mean? On my end the Pilot and CPG COMM panels are both fully functional. Two IDENT buttons? VOC?

7 hours ago, sobe said:

See the profile made by Oze.  There are seperate Lua lines for each KU in his interface I believe.

There's only one KU_init.lua file, Oze exported it twice, I don't expect it would show two different things, does it?

5 minutes ago, Bunny Clark said:

Wow, I really screwed that up. The On and Off appearance images are also switched. I'll try to get an update out soon with that fixed (plus more functioning panels), or you can swap them yourself pretty easily. 

I'm not sure what you mean? On my end the Pilot and CPG COMM panels are both fully functional. Two IDENT buttons? VOC?

There's only one KU_init.lua file, Oze exported it twice, I don't expect it would show two different things, does it?

I was slightly misled as no one had seemingly tried using the KU in multiplayer in the same cockpit at the same time. Correct, with only one KU_init.lua file any exported viewports will show both KUs overlayed on top of each other if they are both in use.

Bunny

In the output bindings for the CPG, I could not find the actions for HF Squelch switch, the IDENT button and the ICS Mode Switch.  I think I see them in the lua interface file, but they do not seem to appear in the Actions column.  I could be wrong, but perhaps you miscoded something in the lua interface file.  They do appear in the Pilot action column. 

I play only single player so I do not have an answer for you on the KU.

55 minutes ago, sobe said:

In the output bindings for the CPG, I could not find the actions for HF Squelch switch, the IDENT button and the ICS Mode Switch.

Curious, I see all of those in the Profile Editor, and they are all bound and working on the CPG COMM Panel in my profile.

Are you using the most up to date Interface file? Have you performed an "Update DCS" action in Helios?

9 hours ago, hreich said:

I found out how to get rid of ghosting effect on tads... Just switch this knob to nv

c9a99e33aa0db51d432351a29601cfa3.jpg

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

It doesn't really "get rid" of the ghosting, what it does is make one copy very dim compared to the other. What should happen is the whole things get darker, but if you notice with the display exported neither the in-cockpit nor the exported display will dim properly. If you compare that to how it works without your exports working you'll see what's happening. Works good in the daylight though!

• Like 1

Bunny

I didn't realize you had updated the profile, now all is well on the CPG comms panel. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 3:02 PM, Jusif said:

I'd love a video on the reshade brightness boosting. Even partial textual instructions would help get us started.

@Scaley or anyone have any further thoughts on this? The exported MPCD viewport showing the TADs VID is very dark. Makes it very difficult at night. In-game screens are blinding bright and the external monitor is still very dark.

Any workarounds? Any reshade ninjas here? Any clowns with some guesses?

Update to my profile. Changes include:

Un-fucked Tailwheel buttons, rearranged the Pilot screen to match the real cockpit orientation a bit better, made custom switch graphics to replace the stock Helios ones.

I also added a bunch of new fully-functional panels, which are hidden by default, but available to unhide and use as you want. These include: Pilot and CPG Windshield Panel, Pilot and CPG Fire Detection and Extinguishing Panel, CMWS Panel, Engine Control Panel, and an alternate not-split-in-half Pilot Armament Panel. 

Screenshot 2022-04-27 131941.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-27 132004.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-27 132154.jpg

Bunnys AH-64 Profile.zip

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Jusif said:

In-game screens are blinding bright and the external monitor is still very dark.

This would be awesome to be able to correct. 

It sounded like the problem was universal across all modules, so maybe the solution is documented out there somewhere already?  I haven't done much research in it myself, but definitely on my to-do list.

• Like 1

Bunny

where did you place the CMWS panel so that the viewport shows through?

1 hour ago, sobe said:

where did you place the CMWS panel so that the viewport shows through?

I'm not using it at all in my personal setup, I have the switches I need on it bound to my throttle base. If you want to use it, you'll need to find a home for it on your display.

Bunny

Well after some trial and error, I was able to place all of your optional panels in the profile using show/hide buttons in monitor 1 so that the actual panels show/hide in the lower left corner of the profile in monitor 2.  With respect to the CMWS panel, I used a show/hide button that swaps the lighting panel on the lower right side of the profile in monitor 2 with the CMWS panel, so only one panel appears at a time.  Now all I have to do is code the new panels.

I still do not understand my issues with the tail lock button.  It still does not work properly.  I don't know how I screwed that one up - when you have a moment, please check your profile again to see if is me or you.

NEW:  DID YOU ADD THE FIRE DETECTION PANEL TO YOUR LUA INTERFACE?

I am not sure if I ever thanked you for your efforts.

Edited by sobe