Apache profile using Helios for a second monitor

sobe

53 minutes ago, sobe said:

Bunny

Well after some trial and error, I was able to place all of your optional panels in the profile using show/hide buttons in monitor 1 so that the actual panels show/hide in the lower left corner of the profile in monitor 2.  With respect to the CMWS panel, I used a show/hide button that swaps the lighting panel on the lower right side of the profile in monitor 2 with the CMWS panel, so only one panel appears at a time.  Now all I have to do is code the new panels.

I still do not understand my issues with the tail lock button.  It still does not work properly.  I don't know how I screwed that one up - when you have a moment, please check your profile again to see if is me or you.

I am not sure if I ever thanked you for your efforts.

+1 on the thank you, Bunny.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sobe said:

Now all I have to do is code the new panels.

Once you've placed them that's all you should have to do. Everything on them is already bound and tested in game.

I still do not understand my issues with the tail lock button.  It still does not work properly.  I don't know how I screwed that one up - when you have a moment, please check your profile again to see if is me or you.

Everything is working with the Tailwheel button on my end. You're using the newest version of the Profile and Interface?

NEW:  DID YOU ADD THE FIRE DETECTION PANEL TO YOUR LUA INTERFACE?

Yes, for both Pilot and CPG. And the Fire Detection Panels included in my Profile are programmed and functional. 

Bunny

Thank you for your response.  I am attaching two pics. 

The first one shows how the tail wheel is set up.  Also, in the INPUT column, I have bound the light change in the action column to the set physical state in the bindings column.

Picture two shows that while the Actions are listed, the Bindings column is blank.  Perhaps this has something to do with the way things get transferred from one computer to another. 

Any way, I guess this gives me a chance to experiment with the bindings column.  There seems to be more than one method to do the bindings. one.png

two.png

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

2 hours ago, sobe said:

The first one shows how the tail wheel is set up.  Also, in the INPUT column, I have bound the light change in the action column to the set physical state in the bindings column.

What's in the screen shot is correct.

The light should be bound to "Set Indicator." The Set Physical State bind changes the button position in Helios. If the indicator light is set to change the button position, that may explain your problems. 

Picture two shows that while the Actions are listed, the Bindings column is blank.  Perhaps this has something to do with the way things get transferred from one computer to another. 

Weird that that disappeared. The "set Wiper Control Switch" action should be bound to "Position Changed." That will tell Helios to set the position of the in-game switch to the position of the switch in Helios whenever the Helios switch is changed. There should also be an inverse binding in "Input" that will do the reverse, so that Helios will match the in-game position at startup and if you change it with the mouse or a keybind.

Bunny

I think I found the answer to the missing bindings.  It may be the reset monitor command.  Your profile is on your 3rd monitor and mine is on my 2nd monitor.  So as a test, I opened your original profile and did NOT do a reset monitor and all of the bindings were there.  I then opened your profile that I have been working on in which I had reset the monitor.  A number of the bindings were missing in this profile.  So I simply opened two versions of the profile in the profile editor ---one in which I did NOT reset the monitor and the other in which I did reset the monitor to match my configuration.  I then simply followed the bindings in the profile in which I did NOT reset the monitor and used such bindings in my profile. 

Note:  that many of the missing bindings can be attributable to hidden panels.  Is this important-- I do not know.

I have no other explanation for the missing bindings except the above.  I would like your thoughts on this. 

PS:  As far as I can tell, everything may be working.

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

12 hours ago, sobe said:

I think I found the answer to the missing bindings.  It may be the reset monitor command. 

Interesting, I'll have to see if I can reproduce that. You may have found a bug in Helios. 

Bunny

I have finished updating your profile to include all of the optional panels that you prepared.  In most instances, I used a show/hide command to place two panels on top of each other with a button enabling only one panel at a time to show.  It was somewhat difficult to do this with panels that had view ports, but by moving panels around, I was able to get all of the view ports  to show.  I placed the show/hide buttons on the lower right corner of my main monitor for easy access. 

I learned quite a bit in modifying your profile.  However, I am still amazed how you are able to assign actions to the correct bindings.  What the bindings do is very confusing and without a "chuck's guide" to the bindings, it really is like a black box. 

13 hours ago, sobe said:

I am still amazed how you are able to assign actions to the correct bindings.  What the bindings do is very confusing and without a "chuck's guide" to the bindings, it really is like a black box. 

Well, I wrote all the bindings too, so that helps 😜

• Like 1

Bunny

That does explain how come everything works so nicely.  However, I do have a favor to ask you to do when you have the time.  Assume that I have two panels that overlap.  When I press the red button, panel A appears and panel B is hidden.  When I press the red button again, panel A is hidden and panel B appears.  I can almost get this right but I have to continuously hold down the button which I do not want to do.  If you could explain to me how to do this, I would appreciate it. 

22 minutes ago, sobe said:

I can almost get this right but I have to continuously hold down the button which I do not want to do.  If you could explain to me how to do this, I would appreciate it. 

How do you have the button programmed?

You should have "toggle hidden" bound to "pushed" and that should be it. Did you also bind something to "released"?

Bunny

This is how I currently have two panels.  However, with this configuration, when I press the red button on the top screen, either both panels appear or both panels are hidden.    This is not what I want. toggle hidden.png

Edited by sobe

41 minutes ago, sobe said:

Bunny

This is how I currently have two panels.  However, with this configuration, when I press the red button on the top screen, either both panels appear or both panels are hidden.    This is not what I want.

Do you have one panel hidden by default? You should start with one hidden and one visible, then toggling them both will reverse which is visible. 

Bunny

The cpg small cwms panel does not have the hidden box checked in the layout column and the "eye" is showing in the layers column.  The cpg lighting panel has the hidden box checked in the layout column and the eye is black in the layers column.

On 5/3/2022 at 6:33 PM, sobe said:

The cpg small cwms panel does not have the hidden box checked in the layout column and the "eye" is showing in the layers column.  The cpg lighting panel has the hidden box checked in the layout column and the eye is black in the layers column.

That should be working then from what you've said. 

The "hidden" check box is the one that matters. The eye symbol in the layout window hides the object in the Profile Editor but has no effect when the profile is running. 

• 1 month later...

Here's an update to this, which now has it's own User Files entry since apparently the max attachment file size limit got reduced here at some point since I last published an update. Changes include:

Updated the squelch switches to reflect the new spring-to-center behavior,

New MSTR IGN knob with the key in it,

Better looking button guard artwork.

This includes a new Interface file, as the new squelch switch behavior changed things on the backend. 

Download everything here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3322990/

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

With the new Helios update today, I've updated my profile to utilize the built-in Interface. No more needing to install a custom Interface for Apache profiles. 

With this update, I figured I'd make my own thread rather than continue this one. You can find it here: 

7 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

With the new Helios update today, I've updated my profile to utilize the built-in Interface. No more needing to install a custom Interface for Apache profiles. 

With this update, I figured I'd make my own thread rather than continue this one. You can find it here: 

Where to download new helios?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia