VR FPS

Ryzen 9 5900X; RTX 3070; Vengeance memory 3600 48GB; NVME HD; HP Reverb G2, ASUS Prime B55OM-A MOBO.

When I put ALL settings in VR to lowest or completely off, I only get 50-60fps. I even put pixel density to 0.5!!!

Does that seem right to anyone?

Yes, I played around with pre-load setting.

Yes, I enabled all the available settings under PCIE in BIOS.

Yes, sounds about right to me, unfortunately. I run basically at high textures, low terrain textures, low water, flat shadows, everything else off, no clutter/grass, .8 PD, and I get about that same fps. My system is Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB 3200, NVME SSD, Oculus Quest 2. 

I have to say VR performance in DCS is miserable. Look no further than the VR section on this forum. 

Note… I love DCS! I don’t mean this as any sort of being unproductive… just that there is work to do on VR performance (and game performance in general). As far as flight model, cockpit, systems, etc, DCS is unmatched. :)

36 minutes ago, tempemonkey said:

Ryzen 9 5900X; RTX 3070; Vengeance memory 3600 48GB; NVME HD; HP Reverb G2, ASUS Prime B55OM-A MOBO.

When I put ALL settings in VR to lowest or completely off, I only get 50-60fps. I even put pixel density to 0.5!!!

Does that seem right to anyone?

Yes, I played around with pre-load setting.

Yes, I enabled all the available settings under PCIE in BIOS.

yes this is about what you would expect with that combo in dcs

pixel density is a very blunt tool, personally I suggest leaving it at 1.0 and only messing with the resolutions in steamvr, which provides a much more granular and easily understood tool to change the total number of pixels you are driving.

So there are a couple of things that you can still do but, with the g2 especially, the first one is the resolution per eye setting  in steam vr.

by default this is set at 150% of the adjusted resolution of the g2, setting this to 100% will help create some more headroom.

2nd in steam vr the resolution per eye is modified to account for barrel distortion, to be broadly 150% of the physical resolution… you can either further reduce the resolution per eye, which will impact all games, or look at setting the custom resolution modifier for each game (under graphics settings in steam vr) to be somewhere between 50 and 80%.

Thirdly while you are there I would force motion smoothing. This will provide you a steady 45 fps in game but it will be a smoother experience.  

maps and ai density can make a difference, with better performance achieved on older maps with a lower amounts of ai.

finally if you can deal with it, forcing the headset to 60 hz can work well for some people and not others, this is due to the refresh rate… I’m particularly sensitive to it and after a few mins I get headaches, other people are fine, You might want to go back to the motion smoothing setting and move from forced to enabled, if you go this route.

hope that helps.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I get 50-60 in SP and 40-45 in MP on my aged hardware. I very much want to upgrade my CPU this year, but reading threads like this makes me sad and scared to do that! 

Edited by impalor

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I don't understand why the game is so low in FPS and so so so so terribly rugged... it jumps from on frame to another it is not smooth at all... I can't fly more than 15minutes without getting a massive headacke... All the other flight sims are smooth with my R7 5800x and 3090.... what is wrong with dcs... By the way I noticed with FPS VR that the processor timing is enormous: 15ms... Why is it so long ? how to lower that ?

Also, I have seen a guy that said changing the WMR to directx 11 helped... but i can't find that option without a controller it seems.. and I bought only the headset...

Can you help ?

Edited by dartag

thks. It does improve the frame rate and the smoothness a lot... but in Multi it is still very low... Apprently it is the processor that has trouble and since I have a R7 5800x, I find it insane...

Thx again and have a nice end of the year

To add insult to injury..my system gets 30-40 (aircraft/map depending)...you guys should be in the 100's(I should be 50-60)

EDIT sorry didn't see this was a VR thread...that makes a difference I think

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

On 12/24/2021 at 8:25 AM, dartag said:

Hi Guys,

I don't understand why the game is so low in FPS and so so so so terribly rugged... it jumps from on frame to another it is not smooth at all... I can't fly more than 15minutes without getting a massive headacke... All the other flight sims are smooth with my R7 5800x and 3090.... what is wrong with dcs... By the way I noticed with FPS VR that the processor timing is enormous: 15ms... Why is it so long ? how to lower that ?

Also, I have seen a guy that said changing the WMR to directx 11 helped... but i can't find that option without a controller it seems.. and I bought only the headset...

Can you help ?

Doing this seem to have helped on my end. Thanks for this

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VR FPS is NOT the same as 2d FPS.  See my thread in the VR section.  I am running butter smooth in VR Oc2 with SS 1.8 clear Hornet cockpit at 24 FPS locked from 72Hz.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

8 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

VR FPS is NOT the same as 2d FPS.  See my thread in the VR section.  I am running butter smooth in VR Oc2 with SS 1.8 clear Hornet cockpit at 24 FPS locked from 72Hz.

Thats really interesting that you're running locked 24fps, is that as smooth as you say it is? Also, which headset are you running? 

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

• 2 weeks later...

I ran these settings butter smooth in my G2 today (minus Vsync).  Nvidia Control Panel FXAA=ON, everything else on defaults.  If anyone wouldn't mind benchmarking them, please ignore the odd jaggy and report on frame rates.  Thx.

Edit: these are a better set.  I can hit 60fps on Syria map consistently.

Screen_220112_184738.png

Screen_220112_192141.png

Edited by Glide
clarity i took the screenshot in 2d

On 12/26/2021 at 6:33 PM, Steel Jaw said:

sorry 24 fps it's not good for me, you can up to 40-45 fps and you will see the difference

On 12/26/2021 at 7:47 AM, Wood said:

Doing this seem to have helped on my end. Thanks for this

On 12/24/2021 at 6:25 AM, dartag said:

Hi Guys,

Can you help ?

same problem with OQ2 (but without SteamVR because i not need it), FPS dropped from 40-45 to 09-13 FPS in multiplayer with OQ2 3060ti, 40gb ram, i5 9400, 500gb SSD m.2, ED where are you, need your help before AH-64 released 🙂

42 minutes ago, piolin23000 said:

sorry 24 fps it's not good for me, you can up to 40-45 fps and you will see the difference

At substantially reduced clarity, no thanks.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Hi guys, a quick info but very import UNINSTALL GE FORCE EXPERIENCE. I got a boost of more than 10% of the performance.
Also use direct X 11 in hte option of WMR if you have a reverb G2 like me.

Have fun guys.

Please give me change dx use … thanks

The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed in war.

www.69squadrone.it

[url="https://www.facebook.com/operationadriaticsea1[/url]

S.O: Win7 64bit,MB: ASUS Formula IV ,CPU: AMD 965BE 3.4 @ 4.0 + Corsair Hidro H70 ,GPU: sli 2xGainward 570GTX "Golden Sample" HTC, HD: Raptor 10.000 rpm 500gb,RAM: DDR3 Corsair Extreme 1800Mhz 12gb ,Accessories:TrackIR4 6DOF, Hotas Cougar mod cubby, pro pedals, mfd pack + samsung led 8".

Hotas Warthog serial 05629.