Its something we dont do very often

jef32

Hi !

Before Christmas, I intend to change my computer and, so I will transfer my DCS on the new one.

Remember me the steps I have to do to transfer my DCS and all my modules from the old to the new computer.

Thanks !

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team

Make sure that offline mode is disabled.
Copy the DCS files to a new disk or download the game again.
Remember to add the new DCS folder to your antivirus's list of trusted programs.
Copy the DCS folder from the Saved Games folder.
Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keep in mind old control files in copied over Saved Games location will almost certainly not be recognized on new PC because of new USB IDs being assigned to your peripherals by Windows. You'll have to spend a couple of minutes reloading them one by one in the game (controls tab), but that's the only real inconvenience.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks but if I just tranfer the DCS files from the old to the new computer, including the part "saved game\DCS\..." , this will not create DCS registry entries in W10 and the anti-piracy system of ED will detect a big hardware change and my modules willn't run anymore.

Surely something to do to disabling the modules on the old computer and enabling them on the new, but I don't remember what ?

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

58 minutes ago, jef32 said:

and the anti-piracy system of ED will detect a big hardware change and my modules willn't run anymore.

Surely something to do to disabling the modules on the old computer and enabling them on the new, but I don't remember what ?

that’s obsolete infirmation, currently ED uses a non intrusive protection, which depends solely on your user ID and password.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 11/11/2021 at 2:38 PM, Rudel_chw said:

that’s obsolete infirmation, currently ED uses a non intrusive protection, which depends solely on your user ID and password.

You mean that I can install a new DCS on the future computer and keeping DCS on the old computer, as long as I don't use them at the same time ?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jef32 said:

You mean that I can install a new DCS on the future computer and keeping DCS on the old computer, as long as I don't use them at the same time ?

Yes, that's correct, it is similar to the copy protection of Steam.

Here is some more information about this:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/Where_find_serial_numbers/

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB