"RESET" after every shot?

Razor18

2 hours ago, Razor18 said:

Hi Gents,

I just saw a gameplay video, where the guy pressed the RESET button on the left panel after every Vikhr shot. Is it really necessary? If so, what is the effect of it then, only boresighting the Shkval, or does it some more things too?

Tanks a lot !

Not necessary.  You would use Reset each time when slaving to datalink targets.

Thanks for confirmation. TBH I surmized so, as I had no problem going through targets during the weapons training mission without ever pressing the RESET button in between targets, just got a little confused watching the video, thinking maybe I still missed something during training?

So thx again

Edited by Razor18

You don't need to reset after every shot.

As Taz mentioned, it's one way to change the PRTz data-link panel's behaviour. If you've lased something, it assumes you're trying to save a target rather than recall an existing one. The other way is pressing one of the second row buttons first before the target type, which makes it 'change mode' so to speak and allow you to select existing targets.

The other reason is that the less time your laser is firing, the longer it lasts before burning out. This may happen somewhere after the 24th Vikhr depending on use. But essentially once it happens - you lase or launch a Vikhr and the timer on your HUD only counts down from 2, ie. your missiles won't have much guidance. Since every Vikhr has the laser firing an extra 6-ish seconds, you can reset once it impacts.

So not necessary, but could be savvy. That said, only do this if you have the concentration/focus/time available. Otherwise don't worry about it.

For Black Shark tutorials, visit my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-LgdvOGP3SSNUGVN95b8Bw