Supercarrier not usable in larger missions due to AI failure.

Racoon-1-1

I noticed that it is absolutely impossible to use the Supercarrire how it is intended to be. When there are multiple flights departing at similar times from the carrier then the AI completely quits its service. Planes are unable to taxi to the catapults because they totally get in eachs others way and even drive into each other which is causing damage to planes. It isn't even possible to do workarounds in the editor since you can't determine where planes spawn on deck.

Edited by Racoon-1-1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Racoon-1-1 said:

I noticed that it is absolutely impossible to use the Supercarrire how it is intended to be. When there are multiple flights departing at similar times from the carrier then the AI completely quits its service. Planes are unable to taxi to the catapults because they totally get in eachs others way and even drive into each other which is causing damage to planes. It isn't even possible to do workarounds in the editor since you can't determine where planes spawn on deck.

About the routes on deck here´s a helpful guide.

supercarrier_parking.pdf

• Like 2

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

That guide doesn’t explain anything except show where the spawn locations are. 

The problem is the taxi paths of the AI, and this even effects the freeware carriers. the Sixpac spawns seem to exacerbate pathing issues, because AI parked on Elev 1 and 2 ignore the jets on the Sixpac. The only way to get AI to function with the carriers is to stagger their start/spawn times by at least a minute between groups, or use the lua edit posted here. 

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/264239-creating-custom-cat-selection-taxi-routes-spawn-parking-locations/

Yup... all you can do if you want to use AI wingmen on a mission is set a runway start, so you and wingmen start already on the cat.  That works reliably. Of course you miss the whole process of being marshaled onto the cat, hooked up, and put in tension... one of the only things that currently differentiates the supercarrier from the free ones, so...

Unfortunately it is similar too in Multiplayer...  F14's constantly collide on the CATs as if there is a damage model issue in that they are too wide to launch on 2 side by side CATs, Ai crew refuse to recognise and act on an approach for launch, Aircraft F18 or F14 stuck on CAT shuttle period... respawn is the only answer, ai on strike ignoring all...

In Multi-Player limited use of 2 - 4 Planes is  mostly OK though but not much good for MP missions though, involve more Carriers to get folk off just seems to introduce more random bugs into the system.  I think there are just so many projects running i.e. sort the F16, Hind and get the Apache marketed that this module has lost priority..  which is a shame, I think I would have preferred a solid working Stennis as a fallback before going down new routes with the SC and the planned enhancements like ready room and lifts / hangars.

SIGBLOCK.png

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure if this is related but on mission 7 of the user campaign Cage the Bear Supercarrier version, AI causes this traffic jam and don't move after RTB.  Should I delete some of those static objects in the parking area?  Would that make them clear the deck?

Screen_211222_035401.jpg

Mission file

FA-18C - Caucasus - CTB 7 - CLEARING THE WAY.miz